IBD Just Gel and Shellac users

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leila1712

Reaction score
Hi all! I use mainly shellac but also some ibd to have colors that shellac doesnt. I was wondering if any of use also use both ranges and could tell me if some ibd colors are very similar to some of the shellac ones? So i dont order some ibd colors that will end up being similar to some shellac i already have ( i have all shellac colors ) thanks :)
Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Hi Hun,
I'm a CND Shellac user & IBD... I love both systems and have around 40 colours in each.. All different from each other so lots of choice... I love the shine that Shellac gives but the depth of colours in IBD xx

Since i order online i get scared some ibd colors will look similar to shellac ones i have, example, i bought ibd naturally beautiful and it looks quite similar to nyde knickers.. And nudr knickers is better since less coats are required :s

Ooo I asked a question earlier about running these systems side by side. Tell me the pros and cons please xxx

Ooo I asked a question earlier about running these systems side by side. Tell me the pros and cons please xxx

Both brands has their pros on cons :)
Shellac pros : no need to buff the natural nail, applies really thin and requires only two coats for a perfect coverage
Shellac cons : not as many choices for colors and no neons so far. Half the bittle size and twice the price

Shellac is by far a superior product as far as quality. Lots off additives so you can be very creative with it and good to use with the smoothing gel

IBD pros : lots of colour choices, "thicker" gel so a bit stronger for weaker nails, can get up to 3 weeks on some clients

Cons: coverage on some colors can b horrific.. Sometimes need 3-4 coats but only with certain colors.

I find both systems work really well along side.. Sort of like using gelish and shellac
Hth x

I use Shellac, Gelish and have about 10 IBD Gels too. I find Gelish lasts a bit longer than IBD but there's not much in it.

Love Shellac and Gelish.x

Similar colors
* IBD Weeping willow = sage scarf
* IBD Hot Springs = Mint Convertible
* IBD My Babe = Cake Pop
* IBD Meteorite = Midnight swm (is a bit darker)
* IBD Smokey Plum (a little little little bit more purple) = Rubble
* EzFlow(!) Sweet Tart = Tutti Frutti
* IBD Truly Madly Deeply = Tinted Love
* IBD Knock Out = Red baroness
* IBD Papaya princess = desert poppy
* IBD Green monster (no shimmer) = Emerald green

This is what i got till now. I have all the colors of Shellac and +- 40 IBD colors. But i'm selling all this IBD colors that are similar like Shellac because I like Shellac more. I bought them in the past because shellac was that time a little behind with the colors :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 1,754
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 2,973
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 1,767
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg