IBD Just Gel polish problem!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elm Girl

Reaction score
Hi All,

Ive just set up my own Salon from home and im really enjoying it, but Ive have had a problem today,

I was doing a french polish with IBD Just Gel Polish and it was all going fine till I applied the white tip! It went on fine but when I put them under the lamp it looked like deflated bubbles, like teeth marks on the white tip?? I didnt do anything different than another other application!

I was so embarrassed as this was a new client and she has a wedding tomorrow! I had no explanation for her, I told her I would do a coloured polish instead of the French Polish, but she was lovely and said it was fine, I didnt charge her as another client would have made a big deal about it, she wanted to pay but I felt awful, Its the first bad thing that has happened since Ive opened, Its not a nice feeling!!

Just wondering has anybody else had this problem??

Elm Girl

I have the same problem & been using Gelac's Snow Fall instead! I emailed Aii at they said nOone had reported the problem but it seems we all are!

I do very thin applications & cure for 2 mins in their 36w lamp too!!

The gelac white is fine & works with JGP's Seashell Pink & Top Coat!!

Email: [email protected] Subject: Just Gel Polish Whipped Cream

X

I have also noticed this problem with the IBD whipped cream gel polish. I sent an email as well complaining and have had no reply. Has anyone had a reply and explanation?

I too use IBD just gel polish and I ❤it. Apart from the white!! It doesn't ever seem to set properly and I have to cure it a few times for it to cure! It's a nightmare. The crinkling u mentioned though is when it is put on too thick. It must be applied in very thin coats. Hth x

I have the same problem with white in any cases with thick and thin coat.

Hi Girls

I have just started using IBD Just Polish and I am having problems with whipped cream when doing a french application. I normally use one sweep of the brush moving slowly across the nail tip to create the white edge (CND Shellac Cream Puff). When I try to do this with IBD the product is a lot more watery and doesn't work well with my application technique. I've tried using a gel brush to cut in the smile line also but by the time I get to the next nail the first one has suffered shrinkage... any suggestion?

Latest posts

Back