IBD Just Gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should not still be on after 30 minutes, even with Power Bond.

What method are you using and what steps do you take?

I always lightly buff the surface with a 180 grit file and I soak in cuticle bowls with acetone or you can do the foil method.
I then use my cuticle remover tool (not the blunt cuticle pushers) this assists to scrape it off. The Power Bond takes a little bit of force to come away but nothing drastic and if you know what you are doing you wont damage the nail plate.

Other than that I can not advise you any thing different as this method works for me every time.
lightly buffed the surface then wrapped with ibd soak off on one hand and opi remove on other hand (I find this the best remover for shellac also!) wrapped in towel and covered with warm whet bag. :Scared:

Well I bit the bullet and purchased the starter kit at Olympia. I did mine yesterday using powerbond so I'll see how I get on.... And I'll report back when I remove it!! View attachment 43795

They look nice. I a going to try without powerbond today. I can not fault how they lasted!!

It's great it lasts two weeks and has not chipped!!
Is it better when removing to wrap in foil instead of using a manicure bowl?
I am waiting to order my kit I am so excited to try it out!!

Personally I would never use acetone in a manicure bowls on clients. It's not professional or recommended as it's so harsh on their nails and fingers. I always wrap with foil regardless if it's removing Gelish, Shellac or IBD.x

Personally I would never use acetone in a manicure bowls on clients. It's not professional or recommended as it's so harsh on their nails and fingers. I always wrap with foil regardless if it's removing Gelish, Shellac or IBD.x

I would always wrap too :biggrin:

Hi angieg sorry for delay, I find IBD shrinks a lot regardless of how thin you put the coats on whereas mani q is fantastic no running, no shrinking, just feels thicker consistency and better quality. Colour range not quite as vast as IBD but product wise I love it xx

It's great it lasts two weeks and has not chipped!!
Is it better when removing to wrap in foil instead of using a manicure bowl?
I am waiting to order my kit I am so excited to try it out!!

I have started using the acetone in a bowl. It is no harsher than using foil as the fingers are still being soaked in the product either way.
That method is what I prefer but it is no different either way. I have used both methods.

I don't have any issues with shrinkage either, might be the way some people do their prep, not sure as I dont have that issue.

I started off with OPI gel Polish (LED Cured) and had no end of problems with it - shrinkage of colour before curing, top coat not the shiniest, chipping within a day, not curing properly in some layers.
So I tried the IBD colours with our OPI base and top coats. Loved the price, loved the colours, lastability was much better. OPI top coat didn't particularly like the IBD colour and would shrink off in places and leave bald spots.

Then Cuccio put out their Veneer so I tried their top coat first - simply AMAZING!!!! Its not thick like Shellac, rather slick and silky and spreads SOOO easily. Super shiny and rock hard, not rubbery at all. Worked great with OPI and IBD LED gel colours
SO then I got the Cuccio Base coat and Cuccio "fuse". Instructions were a little shady about the fuse. After weeks of experimentation I concluded that you apply "fuse" then wipe off the excess with a lint free wipe (which are small strip wax papers by the way...) before applying the base coat and curing. Applying the colour over the Cuccio base coat glides on like satin, no catching in dry spots or having to Jiggle your brush to spread, even the thinnest coat.
Our OPI colours still fail the lastability test, even with Cuccio base and top coats. Haven't tried IBD base and top coats yet but am going to do so soon.

I use ibd Just Gel Polish, I have over 60 colours so that speaks volumes!

Application is easy, there is Power Bond to assist with problem lifters, you apply this after prep but before base coat.
Colour range is wonderful with new colours/ranges being released often.

Soak off in 15 minutes.

PM me any specific questions.

I have used other brands, including Shellac however I prefer ibd JGP.

Hiya, I use IBD and I always have done! Some of my clients they keep lifting on and on others they last the whole 3 weeks. I'm worried I'll be losing the clients as they keep lifting.

I use power bond also.

Is there anything you can suggest to help them last please xx

Hiya, I use IBD and I always have done! Some of my clients they keep lifting on and on others they last the whole 3 weeks. I'm worried I'll be losing the clients as they keep lifting.

I use power bond also.

Is there anything you can suggest to help them last please xx

I am sorry to hear you are having issues.

There are many reasons that gel polish can lift: Poor prep, hormonal, medication clients may be on, clients being hard on their nails not wearing gloves when gardening and cleaning, not using cuticle oil etc.

Its hard to pin point what it could be.

If you are sure its not your prep then there is nothing I can suggest.

My daughter tried gel polish when she was 15 and it would start coming off within a few days, my nieces around the same age were the same. I put it down to hormones with them.

I dont use the ibd JGP base coat anymore but when I did I always used the powerbond, just like you said.
Maybe you could try a different base coat and top coat and see if that helps. I now use the Shellac base coat and Shellac Xpress5 top coat with the ibd JGP and it works just fine.

I am sorry I could not be of more help.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues.

There are many reasons that gel polish can lift: Poor prep, hormonal, medication clients may be on, clients being hard on their nails not wearing gloves when gardening and cleaning, not using cuticle oil etc.

Its hard to pin point what it could be.

If you are sure its not your prep then there is nothing I can suggest.

My daughter tried gel polish when she was 15 and it would start coming off within a few days, my nieces around the same age were the same. I put it down to hormones with them.

I dont use the ibd JGP base coat anymore but when I did I always used the powerbond, just like you said.
Maybe you could try a different base coat and top coat and see if that helps. I now use the Shellac base coat and Shellac Xpress5 top coat with the ibd JGP and it works just fine.

I am sorry I could not be of more help.

I am having trouble deciding on a gel polish to use!! I tried gelish but didn't get in very well with it or shellac for that matter. What do people think to the ibd just gels?? Are they better and how long do they last? Also what about gellux and signature ranges??

Thankyou and sorry if you have read these a million times!!
Thankyou

I love IBD - long lasting and removes in 10 mins unlike Gellux which takes at least 30 mins. Love the colour range too.

Latest posts

Back