IBD soak off gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenstars

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks...

Please someone tell me step by step how to use IBD soak off coloured gels? I have been using Acrylic for years and would love to offer IBD soak off coloured gels for toes this summer. What are the step from start to finish in using these gels please be as specific as possible with each step because i don't know anything about the new soak offs, only the old buff off type. Thank you everyone for your help i really appreciate it!
Karen X:hug:

I posted the same question not long before you did - I have actually purchased the gel and have tried to use it (IBD Soak Off Color Gel) and having trouble. It seems no one knows extactly how to use this product, not even the company that makes it!! I emailed them and got no reply!! Hope someone can help us, I have invested quite a bit of money into this product thus far. And I think it will be a great product to offer clients if I can get a handle on how to use it properly:( Your not alone.

base, 2 coats of colour then top gel? ibd and ezflow are very similar and this is the way ezflow do it. if you need to build an apex then base, builder, 2 coats colour, top gel. hth

base, 2 coats of colour then top gel? ibd and ezflow are very similar and this is the way ezflow do it. if you need to build an apex then base, builder, 2 coats colour, top gel. hth
A nail tech told me to use Bonder, base, 2 coats color then top clear gel - not working!! The color gel is pulling away from all the edges of the nail before I can even get it under the uv light and when I finally get the gel all on and take the residue off with the IBD Cleaner, it takes all the shine off of the nail. I'm so frustrated. Can you give me extreme detail?

hi how are you? did you get a user manual with it if not heres the colored gel polish steps

*complete the 5 basic nail prep steps
*apply bonder sparingly, blot the nails with a dry nail wipe to remove excess bonder . the nails should now look dull and grainy cure for 1 minute do not cleanse
*lusing the simple polish-on method, apply a thin layer of the IBD soak off clear gel, cure for 1 minute.
*apply a layer of the IBD soak off color of your choice color from the cuticle to the free edge making sure to cap the free edge and sidewalls flash cure for 30 secs apply second coat if desired and flash cure for 30 secs
*once all nails have been flashed cured , cure all nails for 3 minutes
* cleanse the dispersion layer off , using 1-3 wipes for each hand , a wipe with too much gel on it will cause dulling.
*finish with a coat of clear soak off gel and cleanse
*optional - apply top coat
*apply cuticle oil and massage into the cuticle area

HTH

thank you chikkies nails...i emailed ibd nails and they emailed me back saying that i should prepare the nail with either bonder gel or natural nail primer...i have a set of toes to do tomorrow and was told by the supplier i could use the standard bonder...now im really worried...is it ok to use the normal bonder??? stressing out here and its in the morning i dont have to time to by the others grrrrr!

You will have no problems with the bonder gel,. just a bit of advise, use 2 thincoats of colour gel and cap the free edge this way you will get perfect coverage and concentrate on steps that Chikkies Nails posted....
Good Luck:)

mine isn't bonder gel it's the original bonder in the brown little bottle with a brush. it just says bonder on it. Is that ok to use with the soak off ibd gels? im wondering should i cancel my appointment now im so worried

Sorry can't garantee it will work if its not a Primer or a Bonder Gel, sorry i don't know what product your talking about.....:confused:

I think the primer is in the brown bottle. Can the primer work with Gels?

If you have bought the soak-off kit and the bottle was inside, I believe that you can use it safely, since it is given by the company.

IBD do a Natural Nail Primer thats in a brown bottle and they also do a bonder gel its up to you which one you use , i use a primer as here in spain with the heat some people get lifting with bonder so we reccomend a primer instead.

And ofcourse if it came in a soak off kit then you can use it!

In the Soak Off IBD product information it states that if you have problem lifters use Natural Nail Primer In place of Bonder application...

Hi, no it didn't come in Kit. I'm dissapointed with the two suppliers because they have given me contradicting advice. IBD themselves has told me to use primer or natural nail stick primer but supplier told me my original bonder is fine to use...im so stressed about it all because its a Saturday today and i have to perform the service this morning so no supplier is open. :grr:Obviously i would have bought the correct one but i only got IBD's email last night when everything is shut. I just feel i've been stuffed around and something that i was excited about i am now dreading. :sad: i will keep you all posted of the outcome and thank you all for your help!

also do i nedd to cleanse between clear gel and between the two coats of colour?

Latest posts

Back