IBD UV gel, will it cure in LED lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsbyTrina

Reaction score
I don't work with gel a lot and had to go to buy some more before I have a client on Friday. Didn't even look at the pot as other IBD gel I have says on it is LED/UV curable but this only states UV? Will this not set under my LED lamp? Help :(

Hmm....chances are it may just be an UV gel. Not much information you gave there. I carry IBD gels in my salon as well, however ours all states LED/UV. If it only mentioned UV it may just be for UV. You might want to use your other IBD gels that are for both OR you can just pick up an UV light before she arrives!

You can always just try it out, I think with technology now a days, everything just about cures in a LED lamp. Nothing hurts to try! Besides its the best time to learn something new! Have fun testing.

Hmm....chances are it may just be an UV gel. Not much information you gave there. I carry IBD gels in my salon as well, however ours all states LED/UV. If it only mentioned UV it may just be for UV. You might want to use your other IBD gels that are for both OR you can just pick up an UV light before she arrives!
Only information I can give is that its a UV gel. The other builder gels are old so didn't really want to use them. Learnt my lesson to read the pots before buying them

Ah, you are using the builder gels, if you are using the old ones they are only for UV lamps. I guess you can just go ahead and grab an UV lamp! Or see if you can return the jar if you just bought it and haven't used it yet! I hope everything works out for you.

Please don't try the wrong lamp on a paying client. It will end up looking unprofessional and probably embarrassing. Also potentially unsafe if gel isn't cured properly. Sometimes it "does hurt to try" and client time is no time to "have fun testing".

I think I should have made it clear that these testing sessions should never be on a client. I would never test something that I have never done on a paying client. I thought it was common sense to do this on yourself, but you are right I should have made this clear.

Your lamp should be one recommended by your product line too, not just one picked up from anywhere! :)

Latest posts

Back