IBX before and after

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I'm going to get hammered for this, but I'm still not convinced. All the before and after pictures to me look no different to a coat of say OPI Nail Envy on a set of damaged nails. Also, if you have clients with white spots, they disappear on their own if you leave the nails naked for a couple of days. I only know this because I have a client who gets the spots/patches and occasionally picks her gel polish off. If she comes to me 3 days after a pick all the white spots have gone.

From what I understand, you would have to apply IBX under ever gel polish application? If so, are clients really going to want to pay the extra £s every time and do we want to spend the extra time on every treatment?

I know I'm going to get hammered for this, but I'm still not convinced. All the before and after pictures to me look no different to a coat of say OPI Nail Envy on a set of damaged nails. Also, if you have clients with white spots, they disappear on their own if you leave the nails naked for a couple of days. I only know this because I have a client who gets the spots/patches and occasionally picks her gel polish off. If she comes to me 3 days after a pick all the white spots have gone.

From what I understand, you would have to apply IBX under ever gel polish application? If so, are clients really going to want to pay the extra £s every time and do we want to spend the extra time on every treatment?

I don't think you will get hammered. It's natural to have doubts about a new product. I don't think any of us can truly say if this product is all it promises, as it's not been around long enough yet. There's no need to be an "early adopter"if you don't want to be. Wait a few months, let everyone try it and report back.

With regard to Nail Envy, I thought the whole point is that you CAN'T wear that under gel polish, which is where IBX is new and different. For natural nails, I can see why you might be questioning the difference. In the case of my own nails, I don't want to wear enhancements and I love Shellac, but my nails are naturally very weak and still regularly break even with the added armour of Shellac. IBX offers me the option of trying to get my nails stronger WITHOUT having to go nude.

At the end of the day, it's healthy to be sceptical, and each to his own opinion x

I don't think you'll get hammered either. I actually agree to a degree with what your saying. Even just oil makes damaged nails look better.

My toe nails have been like that for about 4 years. I've tried nail envy and that hasn't even worked. To be fair 90% of the time they've had either shellac or Gellux on but the damage started after going to a nss for a pedicure when I was pregnant so wasn't due to gel.

They look loads better than they did already even after one treatment. Going to try and keep them bare for the time being so I can see the change for myself :)

No one will "hammer" you :)
I understand how difficult it is to wrap your mind around this new product. I personally have use it on over 30 clients and each and every single one has seen immediate results. Most seen and felt difference is on clients that removed or ripped their acrylic/gel off. Everyone reports the same, immediate relief from thin sensitized nails and and hardening feeling within their nail plate that at the end of the service isnt seen or felt on the nail therefore allowing me to use other products on the nails.
Even a few clients that have naturally strong and decent nails that asked me to use it on them have told me that their nails are acting differently, most being the repelling of the water away from the nail :) we all know that water is pretty bad for the nails and knowing this IBX comes out on top as far as repairing and strengthening treatment because there really is Nothing like it out there!
These are a few more damaged nails I had this past week and there is no denying of the repairing properties. The best part is that clients cannot remove this as it has become a permanent addition to their nail.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1392558558624.jpg
    1392558558624.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 608
  • 1392558577925.jpg
    1392558577925.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 389
  • 1392558601119.jpg
    1392558601119.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 662
  • 1392558664083.jpg
    1392558664083.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 405

I have now used IBX for 3 treatments and it really works. I have naturally thin, weak, bendy nails that sometimes peel badly and get low splits frequenty. My nails are now so much stronger and I can no longer see the damage that was there when I started IBX. I have never been able to wear regularly polish and have nice nails--one or more break within a day or two. People like gel polish because they get chips with regular polish in a day or two. I like gel polish because the extra strength of gel keep my nails from breaking in a day or two.

I put on regular nail polish a week ago after my third IBX application and I had one small corner break off yesterday. In fairness to IBX it was my right nail which I smashed in a door 2 months ago so the nail is compromised and also I was using my nail as a tool which is something I do not usually do.

I have used a lot of nail treatments and this one is different and it is good.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392654756.991858.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392654772.564748.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392654794.020349.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392654819.537943.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392654841.658911.jpg
I'm very impressed with the results from 1 application of IBX on some of my clients and they are too.

The pictures you posted, did you wipe the IBX in the after pictures? Is the oil applied to the nails?
The nails I used IBX look much better but they don't look that shiny...:cool:

No one will "hammer" you :)
I understand how difficult it is to wrap your mind around this new product. I personally have use it on over 30 clients and each and every single one has seen immediate results. Most seen and felt difference is on clients that removed or ripped their acrylic/gel off. Everyone reports the same, immediate relief from thin sensitized nails and and hardening feeling within their nail plate that at the end of the service isnt seen or felt on the nail therefore allowing me to use other products on the nails.
Even a few clients that have naturally strong and decent nails that asked me to use it on them have told me that their nails are acting differently, most being the repelling of the water away from the nail :) we all know that water is pretty bad for the nails and knowing this IBX comes out on top as far as repairing and strengthening treatment because there really is Nothing like it out there!
These are a few more damaged nails I had this past week and there is no denying of the repairing properties. The best part is that clients cannot remove this as it has become a permanent addition to their nail.

My first IBX client, I didnt charge her as she'd bought me wonderful gift of some lavender & geranium body scrub she'd made, it was all wrapped up and in a lovely kilner jar! She needed IBX so I decided she could have it for free (I'll never be a millionaire).

The after photo was take just after I'd cleansed with Scrub Fresh, it has no oil either as I was about to do Shellec. The nails are never shiny when I've cleansed, it looks like there is nothing on them at all.

Karaxxx

Attachments

• Sue D before 17-2-14.jpg
    Sue D before 17-2-14.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 408
  • Sue D after 17-2-14.jpg
    Sue D after 17-2-14.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 534
Can I just ask, all these "before" pictures with terrible nails, what would you have done for them if ibx wasn't around?

GlamourEyes, I have some questions for you. I'm interested in IBX for certain of my clients. Does this product ever get removed? For instance, I'm wondering.....if I apply it today without any polish or gel polish over the top, then the client can come back a week later and I apply it again over the top of the old product without removing the old product? I have a few clients who have had their acrylics removed after years of wearing them, and they have some damage that I am helping them take care of and grow out. It seems like this would be a good product for them. I should also let you know that I neither applied their acrylic nor removed their old acrylic; that was all done by another salon, and these clients are coming to me because they know I care about the natural nail, itself, and do what I can to keep it healthy.

If I were to use this product, is it something where I would want the client to come back weekly or every other week for a new application without removal of old product? Does the product go into the natural nail so well that there is no product to remove? Does it build up on top of the nail and you have to remove it every three or four applications?

I'm sorry to ask so many questions, but I don't seem to find those answers, and you seem to have some familiarity with the product.

Also, I'm in the United States. Does anyone know of a distributor in the United States?

Thanks.

Do it!it's worth every penny and more...

The application process is:

Cleanse
Repair
Heat 1 minute
Blot (if necessary)
LED
Cleanse
--------
IBX
Heat 5 mins
Blot
LED
Cleanse
--------
IBX
Heat 3 minutes
Blot
LED
Cleanse

As this was the 1st application IBX had to be applied twice. So it was process as above. On all subsequent treatments. Skip the 2nd stage and just apply IBX and heat for 3 mins.

I use infrared lamp for heat. But you can use hairdryer or a light with the equivalent of a 75-100w bulb

Xxx

The pictures you posted, did you wipe the IBX in the after pictures? Is the oil applied to the nails?
The nails I used IBX look much better but they don't look that shiny...:cool:

I did wipe, but the finishing wipes I use are from LCN which cleanses the final tacky layer and moisturises at the same time :) Love this! And the smell is just divine hmmm

Attachments

• 1392656955082.jpg
    1392656955082.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 472
Can I just ask, all these "before" pictures with terrible nails, what would you have done for them if ibx wasn't around?

I've tried everything with this lady as she's got a terrible vertical split, we've used silk wrap, tips, two top coats & Brisa lite. Nothing really works well or long term so she just keeps her nails really short and has learned to live with the fact that they aren't great - fingers crossed for IBX.

My mums peel really badly and the best solution for her is silk wraps, two top coats!

Karaxxx

I've tried everything with this lady as she's got a terrible vertical split, we've used silk wrap, tips, two top coats & Brisa lite. Nothing really works well or long term so she just keeps her nails really short and has learned to live with the fact that they aren't great - fingers crossed for IBX.

My mums peel really badly and the best solution for her is silk wraps, two top coats!

Karaxxx

I have a permanent vertical split in my index finger,the only thing that I've found that works so far is IZ gel. Got fed up of faffing with silk on my own nails lol.
I've got shellac on at the mo but next time I change it I'm going to use IBX on my nails......

Can someone please pm me the price please? :)

All of your questions are answered in thread called "IBX Restore and Repair":Love:

Think of this as treatment for hair. You don't have to remove it. It "soaks up" into the nail and once you wipe with cleanser there is nothing left on the surface.

GlamourEyes, I have some questions for you. I'm interested in IBX for certain of my clients. Does this product ever get removed? For instance, I'm wondering.....if I apply it today without any polish or gel polish over the top, then the client can come back a week later and I apply it again over the top of the old product without removing the old product? I have a few clients who have had their acrylics removed after years of wearing them, and they have some damage that I am helping them take care of and grow out. It seems like this would be a good product for them. I should also let you know that I neither applied their acrylic nor removed their old acrylic; that was all done by another salon, and these clients are coming to me because they know I care about the natural nail, itself, and do what I can to keep it healthy.

If I were to use this product, is it something where I would want the client to come back weekly or every other week for a new application without removal of old product? Does the product go into the natural nail so well that there is no product to remove? Does it build up on top of the nail and you have to remove it every three or four applications?

I'm sorry to ask so many questions, but I don't seem to find those answers, and you seem to have some familiarity with the product.

Also, I'm in the United States. Does anyone know of a distributor in the United States?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 9d8a6ba89c1011e391a512f77a8b01e9_6.jpg
    9d8a6ba89c1011e391a512f77a8b01e9_6.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 400
I'm sorry I'm not convinced at all by the pictures. I'm going to wait it out and see what happens and get more feedback in the coming months.

Question for you peeps, are you applying this before the likes of Shellac or are the clients wanting to go au naturale?

What prices have you all gone for? Mines due for delivery tomo, very excited. I hope it states a guide price although believe I saw a post saying it was £4-£8.

I've looked on Louella Belle but can't see how to order it am I stupid! lol x

I've looked on Louella Belle but can't see how to order it am I stupid! lol x

No Hun I had to call them to order it xx

Latest posts

Back