IBX customer's nails all breaking!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I have been seeing some amazing results with IBX however a lady who had it 2 weeks ago (no shellac or polish applied on top) has cancelled her appointment for tomorrow as she said it has made her nails worse! Breaking and splitting more than normal?
Why could this be? I'm limited on details as I didn't do the treatment nor speak to her on the phone....

Trying to email famous names about this but their 'info@...' email address keeps bouncing back. Anyone know an alternative?

It is unfortunate that so many feel it isn't working when my own experience has tripled my business.
All other services last twice as long and natural nails are looking gorgeous.
I took my hard gel enhancement off in January and have done 7 treatments. The first little while I had to keep filing them as they weren't very strong and kept getting ripped. I finally put on Shellac before Easter, wore it for two weeks and was very heavy handed during demolishing my rooms and building my veggie gardens and the Shellac stayed well. I have finally had to file off half my free edge as I couldn't deal with the length anymore.

Cleen Cheeks Spa

IBX UK distributor Louella Belle supply a heat source lamp to use IBX with. I purchased it and it has the perfect heat source level to help penetrate the IBX product into the nail compared to a hair dryer or any other heat source.

I've also just purchased the heat lamp supplied by Louella Belle and have tried IBX repair, IBX and the heat lamp on myself today for the first time and then applied Shellac as normal. My only concern is the heat from the lamp seemed really intense and even holding my hands about 10-12 inches away, they still felt really hot. In fact I finished a few hours ago and can still feel my nails tingling. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've also just purchased the heat lamp supplied by Louella Belle and have tried IBX repair, IBX and the heat lamp on myself today for the first time and then applied Shellac as normal. My only concern is the heat from the lamp seemed really intense and even holding my hands about 10-12 inches away, they still felt really hot. In fact I finished a few hours ago and can still feel my nails tingling. Has anyone else experienced this?

That is an infra-red light and gets super warm, you need to keep your fingers at least 16-18" away from that light. You should not have any discomfort AT ALL! Please make sure you keep your customers far enough away so that doesn't happen to them.

Latest posts

Back