IBX customer's nails all breaking!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I have an LED lamp can this be used for the first stage instead of a hair dryer? I have 5,20 and 30sec settings? Or I have a UV lamp in the cupboard? I don't like the idea of using a hair dryer with dust etc and looks rather unprofessional!

LED/UV sets IBX into the nail plate but you still need a heat source, hair dryer, infrared, nail dryer to help the IBX penetrate into the nail plate first :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

LED/UV sets IBX into the nail plate but you still need a heat source, hair dryer, infrared, nail dryer to help the IBX penetrate into the nail plate first :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

😞 oh poo!

Be good to hear from Linda if the Repair can be overused. Interesting thread, although I have had no problems like this myself.

Another question as not very clear in the instructions! If going over with my gel polish (I use Gelicure) do I use base or go straight in with colour? Also I normally lightly buff natural nail with a white block to remove shine???

I use Shellac so not 100% sure with the whole buffing thing, but from what I remember because the product penetrates into the nail very light buffing is OK.

Once cleaned with scrubfresh or similar you do your application as per usual, ie; base etc etc.

Karaxxx

I use Shellac so not 100% sure with the whole buffing thing, but from what I remember because the product penetrates into the nail very light buffing is OK.

Once cleaned with scrubfresh or similar you do your application as per usual, ie; base etc etc.

Karaxxx

Many thanks going to give it a bash on myself tonight! X

Be good to hear from Linda if the Repair can be overused. Interesting thread, although I have had no problems like this myself.

Would like to know this as well.

Ok I think I should re clairify. All the people with the complaint had lovely nails, reasonably strong, no white marks. Just maybe the odd nail that had a flaw or nail that would split or similar.
These people only have the treatment after my recommendation to keep the nails healthy under gel polish.
When I spoke to girl at louella belle about only using the ibx alone after the first treatment, she told me that people had been getting confused and that under gel I MUST use the repair as well. I said to her that was not how it read in the instructions but she assured me this was how I should use it!
Now I am thinking these clients have prehaps been overtreated with repair? Could this cause the problems Linda?

I would only use IBX on client who had problem nails. If they have good nails no white marks etc I would just be doing my normal Shellac treatment on them. If it ain't broke why fix it?

I've had nothing but great results and I use an infra red lamp. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398465374.919141.jpg
It def. keeps Shellac on longer ( proven by my own nails!). Yes a few do break at the beginning but then they strengthen up nicely. Struggling to find Belson nail dryers in the UK under £90!!

I Was happy with the product until the last couple of complaints! I really need and want tp be having great results as it means that people are not insisting to have a break from having things done.
I am now waiting and stressing that those who started the treatment more recently are going to have the same problem!

Do you think that maybe because we have said IBX is a conditioning product for the nail that maybe the clients with problems have stopped bothering to use the cuticle oil in between their appointments?

I agree with previous post regarding it being a prescriptive product ( suitable for most but not all ).

I have used this system on clients with psoriasis & those undergoing treatment for cancer, with great results.

With those that are undergoing treatment for cancer it has fitted in nicely with their treatments for a routine of about 1 1/2 - 2 weekly intervals.

I have attached a picture of a client's nails who suffers with psoriasis.
The top picture is of her nails before any treatment and the bottom picture is after her 2nd IBX.View attachment 63008

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Another question i have is, at what point would you stop using IBX? Not repair, just the maintenance one.

They say it can be used like an insurance policy under gel polish etc, so does that mean indefinitely then? every time? every other?

lots of things still unclear. But I really like the product.

Another question i have is, at what point would you stop using IBX? Not repair, just the maintenance one.

They say it can be used like an insurance policy under gel polish etc, so does that mean indefinitely then? every time? every other?

lots of things still unclear. But I really like the product.

Im going with the thought that for the first 3/4/5 times I'll do it every time but once I see sustained improvement then I'll do every other time and keep going like that for a while, I'll then try once every 3 times and so on until it reaches the point of taking a backwards step then I'll know I've reached the optimal treatment programme. I will just say that as I've only been using it for a couple of months I've not actually fully implemented my plan LOL

Because its such a new product and every client is different I think its very much trial and error, nothing worth having comes easily! I tell all my clients that its prescriptive and they have to work with me by doing all I tell them and watching their nails for signs - so far they've been amazing, so has the product.

Karaxxx

Im going with the thought that for the first 3/4/5 times I'll do it every time but once I see sustained improvement then I'll do every other time and keep going like that for a while, I'll then try once every 3 times and so on until it reaches the point of taking a backwards step then I'll know I've reached the optimal treatment programme. I will just say that as I've only been using it for a couple of months I've not actually fully implemented my plan LOL

Because its such a new product and every client is different I think its very much trial and error, nothing worth having comes easily! I tell all my clients that its prescriptive and they have to work with me by doing all I tell them and watching their nails for signs - so far they've been amazing, so has the product.

Karaxxx

Totally agree, that seems the best way to go. Very exciting to be in at the start with a brand new innovative product.

None of my clients can understand why I am the only one offering it in my area. Neither can I, actually!

After applying on myself and my mother I can honestly say I think this is the most ridiculous faff and displeasure in doing nails in my 4yrs of the business!!!!!
With such advanced technology these days I can't believe the heat sourcing process couldn't have been formulated to be done with uv or led, further more u don't know about this stage until u get the product & read the instructions! It's not advertised that this 5 min faff is required!!!!!
Really annoyed that I have wasted nearly £50 on a product I can't use with my current equipment and no a hair dryer is not the right tool for the job or professional. P***ed off to be honest!

I know it looks like you've done nothing to the nails when finished but it's just not about the here and now, the product penetrates and doesn't just sit on top. Some treatments, whether professional or DIY often need more than one application and some faith. I always warn my clients that they are not going to be blown away with the final look of they nails ie; glossy, but it'll look mostly like we've done nothing and they'll need to trust me and the product in the fact that it is really doing something.

As for the timings, they've come down now to 4mins initially and 2 for subsequent treatments, so less faffing and when you've done it a few times its so simple.

I don't think a hair dryer is too bad, many therapists use them to do wraps and no one seems to criticise them. There are other possibilities too, ebay have lots of infra red lamps at reasonable prices.

Don't write it off yet hun, you've spent the money so give it a chance.

Karaxxx

After applying on myself and my mother I can honestly say I think this is the most ridiculous faff and displeasure in doing nails in my 4yrs of the business!!!!!
With such advanced technology these days I can't believe the heat sourcing process couldn't have been formulated to be done with uv or led, further more u don't know about this stage until u get the product & read the instructions! It's not advertised that this 5 min faff is required!!!!!
Really annoyed that I have wasted nearly £50 on a product I can't use with my current equipment and no a hair dryer is not the right tool for the job or professional. P***ed off to be honest!

This is a really surprising post! The application has been advertised and on a video since the product launched.

I don't think you understand what the product does! The heat is needed to make the oils and active ingredients penetrate into the top layers of the nail plate as this is where it does it's job. Without the heat it will just sit on the top and do no good at all. Do you know of any other way to make a product 'sink' into nails?

If Famous Names had insisted every customer buy an heat lamp there would have been the usual complaints. I personally don't like a hairdryer either but there are plenty of alternatives that many technicians already have.

As for the 'faff'???? What faff? 10 mins extra (charged for) for some amazing results that solve problems that haven't been solved efficiently before?

No one product is going to work for EVERY client and nail condition but to dismiss it on 2 sets of nails and on your stated objections is really not giving an amazing product a reasonable chance!

This is a really surprising post! The application has been advertised and on a video since the product launched.

I don't think you understand what the product does! The heat is needed to make the oils and active ingredients penetrate into the top layers of the nail plate as this is where it does it's job. Without the heat it will just sit on the top and do no good at all. Do you know of any other way to make a product 'sink' into nails?

If Famous Names had insisted every customer buy an heat lamp there would have been the usual complaints. I personally don't like a hairdryer either but there are plenty of alternatives that many technicians already have.

As for the 'faff'???? What faff? 10 mins extra (charged for) for some amazing results that solve problems that haven't been solved efficiently before?

No one product is going to work for EVERY client and nail condition but to dismiss it on 2 sets of nails and on your stated objections is really not giving an amazing product a reasonable chance!

Just my opinion! If I am going to use this product on clients and efficiently and effectively with out fibres and dust blowing around the room and attaching to the nail I have to purchase yet another piece of equipment!
I also brought this product off of recommendation and by advert in scratch I was unaware of a video although I didn't realise u would need additional equipment for such a product when it doesn't advertise it just says Led on mag written ads.
I must add I am not complaining about the results but the process of application!!
Plus yes my clients will moan about another 10mins on top of treatment. Removal and re-apply with Gelicure already takes 1hr20-30mins and it's not 10mins to apply the full process that's just the heat time!!!!

Well I don't know about you but I did a bit of research and made sure it was compatible with equipment I already had before ordering it. Plenty of info on this site. Once I had established I could use it with my CND UV lamp and my CND Minx lamp, I got it in.

Still don't know what the faff is. Quite simple and just a case of having 2 lamps. And although the initial session takes 25 mins, each subsequent one is 10-15mins, start to finish.

How many applications have you done on yourself and your mother and what was the original state of your nails?

Latest posts

Back