IBX heat source for a mobile tech?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlabarbie

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I know that there is a HUGE thread on IBX and that there are many posts but I keep checking back and I'm still non the wiser!

I am a mobile tech and I would like to know what other mobile techs use as their heat source for IBX. The first time I did it I used a hair dryer and my client looked really uncomfortable, it blew stuff off my table and also it's quite noisy so not the best for client interaction! I think my client felt it was unprofessional to be honest.

So I'm guessing I need an infra red lamp? I need something that is portable as obviously I am already carrying my nail kit, and an LED lamp, a desk lamp for when there is bad lighting, and all the other paraphernalia that we nail techs need! So can anyone advise me?

Another Geek asked on the main thread about the nail dryer from eBay, has anyone tried this yet?

Many thanks in advance.

Hairdryers work but are noisy - I got an IR lamp (100w bulb) on Amazon for about £16 which works very well and is small enough for a mobile tech

Thanks do you have a link?

I use a minx lamp x

i use my minx lamp, but its quite big and in any case if you don't have one, its definitely not cheap

Somewhere in that thread people are recommending an infra red lamp from Ikea, maybe search the thread for Ikea and a link might pop up? (hopefully) :) and it was under £20

Hi everyone, I know that there is a HUGE thread on IBX and that there are many posts but I keep checking back and I'm still non the wiser!

I am a mobile tech and I would like to know what other mobile techs use as their heat source for IBX. The first time I did it I used a hair dryer and my client looked really uncomfortable, it blew stuff off my table and also it's quite noisy so not the best for client interaction! I think my client felt it was unprofessional to be honest.

So I'm guessing I need an infra red lamp? I need something that is portable as obviously I am already carrying my nail kit, and an LED lamp, a desk lamp for when there is bad lighting, and all the other paraphernalia that we nail techs need! So can anyone advise me?

Another Geek asked on the main thread about the nail dryer from eBay, has anyone tried this yet?

Many thanks in advance.

I just tested something that works brilliantly!!!! I used a nail dryer that is made to help dry polish-the one I used put out gentle warm air-it was perfect!!!!! it sits on the table and the client puts both hands into it.

I just tested something that works brilliantly!!!! I used a nail dryer that is made to help dry polish-the one I used put out gentle warm air-it was perfect!!!!! it sits on the table and the client puts both hands into it.

What one is it please???

Please share Lindabuffet! I wonder if it's the same one that was mentioned on the other thread?

I'm desperate to find out if it's the one I've been asking about for weeks, I hate the infra red lamp :irked:

Please post a link :o
I wonder if it would work for nail foil adhesive too???? ♥♥♥

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you for the link but I can't see prices! Not sure how to buy. Web site won't let me buy either? A good solution though and looks professional x

The poster is in the USA, I have posted a link numerous times to one on ebay in the uk, but had no reply from famous names to say if it is ok or not?

The poster is in the USA, I have posted a link numerous times to one on ebay in the uk, but had no reply from famous names to say if it is ok or not?

Thanks maisy mouse. I will have a look on ebay x

What one is it please???

I have asked too on Facebook for the dryer below, she did like my post but not 100% sure if that's a yes or no lol ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396291802.872996.jpg

I have asked too on Facebook for the dryer below, she did like my post but not 100% sure if that's a yes or no lol View attachment 60586

I too have been asking for weeks, I'm unsure why we can't get a straight answer?? All my posts are just ignored :evil:

Yes that's the one I meant from the other thread! It looks neat and professional, if they said it was ok I'd get one!

Yes that's the one I meant from the other thread! It looks neat and professional, if they said it was ok I'd get one!

The nail polish dryers that blow warm air are OK to use with IBX as a heat source.
This has been confirmed by Linda Nordstrom on Facebook, i forgot in what group LOL
All you need is something to warm, lot's of choices out their, Normal bulbs if your in the USA, infra red, hairdryers, spotlights, nail polish dryers.... you can choose any of these as a heat source

Latest posts

Back