IBX - Shellac/Brisa lifting following treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Ive had 3 cases of this now on clients who have prevoiusly suffered no lifting at all so I can only presume its the ibx.

I have done the IBX and immediately followed on with the shellac, in a couple of cases with Brisa gel under for thin nails.

Ive never read that this is not advisable but am now wondering if its best to do the IBX treatment and then do the shellac etc on the following day?

Anyone else found this? x

Haven't had it happen with Shellac but I do have one client whose polish peels off after one day.

We've tried both Vinylux and OPI without success.

I've done her nails previously with OPI prior to the launch of IBX and it lasted fine!

thank you for your reply. Anyone else?

I've not had peeling but I've had a few lots of some serious cuticle regrowth, right up the nail! And they were hard :s

Yes! Iv had cases of the cured shellac sliding right off the nail. I wouldn't have believed it had I not seen it with my own eyes.....it was thee weirdest thing.

I put it down to me not scrubfreshibg properly between IBX and shellac, like maybe I'd left a residue? Iv been extra careful now but it's still happened on occasion. I'm considering not offering it as an add on now.

My cases are total opposites. My clients wear Vinylux over IBX for over a week with just faded wear on the free egde.
Ladies with Shellac and SS are up to 3 weeks and it gets harder to remove so I have to add extra time to their appointments.
Clients send me pictures at 7 days to show off their Vinylux digits lol
9 days post their IBX manicure finished with Grapfruit Sparkle vinylux
Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1398034439223.jpg
    1398034439223.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 268
One of my shellac clients is now downt o only 3 nails left still with shellac on,they are peeling up from the cuticle.

I've had two fingers 'ping' off of brisa lite sculpting gel on my own nails with no damage to my nails, the rest have all lifted from the free edge :( this is after my third ibx treatment, pre ibx I could go 3 to 4 weeks with no lifting, going to stop it j think :( with a 3 year old and baby on the way really need my brisa lite to last :(

I have did ibx twice so far on my own nails. 2 weeks apart. I still get chips on my shellac and have noticed when it does chip the nail is prone to tearing vertically like paper. My nails have never "tore" like this before. I am disappointed with ibx and wonder if I should only apply it monthly as I have read it can make nails brittle.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm really disappointed with ibx too. Not seen any good results apart from my friend who had it under ibd gel but it was a nightmare to remove .

Well I did another Shellac over IBX, I used Scrubfresh then scrubbed with acetone, then Scrubfresh again. Will feed back if it might be useful. x

I'm really disappointed with ibx too. Not seen any good results apart from my friend who had it under ibd gel but it was a nightmare to remove .

I'm using IBX since the end of january on 95% of my Gel Polish clients, not one had lifting.
Ther must be someting wrong with the application. Are you sure the IBX is IN the nail and not on top of it? Do you dab before curing? ANd Cleanse after curing every time? Do you use your CND Shellac basecoat?

All my IBX clients go 3 weeks with their CND Shellac mani without a problem. But is soak 15 min. instead of 8 now, like i would do with the Smoothing gel.
I'm wearing IBX since end of janurary myself, with CND Smoothing gel because my natural nails are extremely thin, and Vinylux (now) or CND Shellac. Never had a lifting problem.

Since IBX is designd to be inside your nails it will not change anything to whatever service you do after IBX. If anything, it will last longer.

Latest posts

Back