IBX to invest or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Carly*

Reaction score
I've been debating investing in it for a while. I'd have to get the heat lamp too as my desk lamp isn't suitable. I don't have many clients yet, as I'm still starting out and going slowly, but I have seen quite a few trashed nails, plus my mums are absolutely wrecked from some bad gel removals when she couldn't get to me.

I'm concerned about the times, as I'm already really slow as it is. It sounds like quite a bit of extra faff. I'm also concerned it's more money I'd be spending when I'm still not making enough to cover my initial investment, plus I really need to expand my gel colour range.

So should I invest this weekend at pro beauty or hang on until I've got more of a client base? Opinions please xx

Ibx is amazing! We have gained clients since using it, as clients recommend it to their friends family etc once they've seen the results. I'd definitely go for it! Louellabelle do a good lamp which was pretty cheap x

It's not really an investment, as it's quite cheap and you'll get your money back really quick. You don't need to invest in a heat lamp, I got a desk lamp for about £10 and it works fine. It's good to be able to offer clients treatments for their nails and to promote healthy nails.

I'm very happy I added it to my list of services. It actually brings in new clients too!

Thanks all! Brilliant to get such positive feedback :) think that's my mind made up then! Xx

I have found that clients who don't have nails in tip top condition get longer wear from their gels too when they have IBX underneath x

I have to admit, that while I think IBX is a fantastic product, it has been a bit difficult to get clients to ante up the additional money for it. It doesn't "show" on the nails, and sometimes the effects take a few visits to become apparent. The ones we have talked into it, love it after a while, but it has been difficult. I would recommend having some kind of marketing plan to introduce it to your clients, maybe offering it at a substantial discount at first. Once they try it, I am sure they will like it and then talk it up to your other clients and potential clients.

I have been thinking about using IBX too!! What does everyone charge on top of their gel treatments? (If you don't mind me asking!) how much longer do you add to your treatments? Xx

Would you recommend getting additional training in the use of ibx?

I charge £10 first treatment (about 20/25 mins) and £6 thereafter (10-15 mins).

I charge £10 first treatment (about 20/25 mins) and £6 thereafter (10-15 mins).

Thank you Blossom, I really appreciate it!! X

I have to admit, that while I think IBX is a fantastic product, it has been a bit difficult to get clients to ante up the additional money for it. It doesn't "show" on the nails, and sometimes the effects take a few visits to become apparent. The ones we have talked into it, love it after a while, but it has been difficult. I would recommend having some kind of marketing plan to introduce it to your clients, maybe offering it at a substantial discount at first. Once they try it, I am sure they will like it and then talk it up to your other clients and potential clients.

Thanks Nancy, this was my concern. I've not got many clients as it is and people can be reluctant to spend extra money. I definitely think I need to implement some sort of plan. Money is tight atm and although it isn't hugely expensive, I don't want it to be yet another thing I get stuck with. Xx

I charge £10 first treatment and £5 thereafter x

I charge a flat £5 extra on top of whatever nail service they are having.
It seemed too faffy to have a different price on their first application.
By the time the client is just having one coat of Restore it really doesn't add much time to their manicure so long term it balances out the cost.

Hi everyone!

I am just don't my cnd brisa training and loving it! Can you tell me can you use IBX under brisa gel?

Hi Wonderban. Are you doing your Brisa training with S2? I've got the product and used it on myself and friends - is the training necessary?

Hi Wonderban. Are you doing your Brisa training with S2? I've got the product and used it on myself and friends - is the training necessary?
Hi, yes doing it at the finger tips centre Edinburgh, I asked about this but my trainer had never used it so couldn't tell me.

Have you used it on yourself and your friends under gel? I'm worried it might cause lifting?

Yes have used under Shellac and it works well, good for those that have weak nails that are bendy, just gives them extra strength.

Yes have used under Shellac and it works well, good for those that have weak nails that are bendy, just gives them extra strength.
Have you used it under brisa hard gel too?

No just shellac.

Latest posts

Back