IBX treatment process

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Struckbyastar

Reaction score
So I have my second official (non familial) client next weekend and I'm excited as she's keen to only have OPI and lives really close to me so hoping I can have her as my first proper returning client!

She wants IBX which is fine as I trained on their workshop day in London, but I've only ever done it on myself before. Thursday I did my mums nails with IBX repair and a gel mani but I found the IBX process bit really "bitty" what with the heat, blot then cure and repeat.. if I did one hand a step ahead of the other I got confused with what I was doing- how do others do their first IBX and repair treatments? Do you do one hand heat blot cure cleanse then the other? Or heat one heat second etc? X

It is a 'bitty' treatment and can easily get confused which step or hand you're on. When I first started using IBX I kept a cheat cheat next to me with all the steps written down which helped a lot.

Yes when you start doing Ibx it does seem fiddly but after a few you get swifter
I have one blotting pad & one scrub fresh pad to hand and use these same ones all the way through.
I also have a timer which I set going at the start but just glance at to note the time with each stage

But yes, I do alternate hands rather than one at a time. Life is too short ...

When I first started using IBX I kept a cheat cheat next to me with all the steps written down which helped a lot.
Yes I do that, although I've been using the a4 sheet which may be a look too cumbersome and unprofessional! Do you do one step on both hands and carry on? Or one hand all of one process then the other? There's so much heating and curing time- I suppose I need to think of some topics to talk about to break the awkwardness!

Yes I do that, although I've been using the a4 sheet which may be a look too cumbersome and unprofessional! Do you do one step on both hands and carry on? Or one hand all of one process then the other? There's so much heating and curing time- I suppose I need to think of some topics to talk about to break the awkwardness!
I alternate hands otherwise you spend too long doing nothing.

I would definitely alternate hands when doing IBX and use the quick reference guide to begin with - once you've done a few treatments you will get use to it! The treatment is definitely worth the results :)

Will a lamp with a light bulb work to heat it ? I read some where that it would.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back