IBX under a gel overlay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glimmer Jo Jo

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I have a lady who has flakey nails and her gel overlays always seem to come away at the tip on one or two nails each time... would IBX be useful in this case? I've researched but can only see comments for gel polish..
Thanks in advance.

I'd be interested in hearing others results too. I am just about to start offering IBX and have a new Client who I am struggling with gel overlays breaking down at the free edge.

Here is my experience with non soak off products and IBX. I have been using IBX since it's launch and have had an amazing result. It is a standard at my nail desk that ALL gel polish/natural manicures receive.
Hard gel is different in my opinion. Why I say this, is because most building gels are designed to be used on a nail that is prepared by buffing away the shine from the nail, in order to maximize adhesion. I have yet to see a nail tech use a higher grit than say 180. We all know that 180 in fact removes a lot more than just the surface shine.
So, that time you spent on penetrating the IBX into the upper layers of the nail will be for nothing after you buff the nail free of shine aka etching.
Unless you have a gel system that instructs the use of a gentle buffing, ex. Shellac, then it's wasteful. In my honest opinion.

Biljana do you charge extra for the IBX application? If so may I ask how much? Thank you

Biljana do you charge extra for the IBX application? If so may I ask how much? Thank you
I Incorporated a surcharge to all my soak off nail services. $5 into all natural manicures and Shellac applications. Everyone gets it done whether they want to or not, it's an essential part of my service. It's not a large increase but only because I feel it's a necessity.

Thank you [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back