ICS make up course or QC Master make up course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya,

I'm probably the other side of the fence when it comes to distance learning courses. For some things, granted they just don't, but for makeup i would say they do. I actually took the master makeup artistry course with QC makeup academy. I am a young parent and had literally no time or money to attend a school. Plus I was living in America at the time.

I LOVED the course. They have different payment plans. They will give you your work in modules. You will have to complete many assignments and send it numerous theory work and photo evidence to a personal tutor. You also get booklets for each unit that you are working on with tonnes of information and beautiful pictures. I completed my course a while back and have had a lot of interest in my work.

Makeup artistry is a talent. You can teach it to anyone, but if they don't have the talent they wont make it as a great makeup artist. Even if your taught by the world best MUA, you still need talent. QC offer a wide variety of colour theory-prosthetics and FX. I would recommend it for sure!
Please feel free to have a look at my facebook. www.facebook.com/jemmamakeupartist and you will find a link to a QC interview I have done and many pictures of makeup. :)

Thank you so much very helpful! I'll check out your page! Xx

Did you manage to find the right page for in £'s? If not, just give one of the girls a message on their of ring up. They should be able to tell you how to switch it around. I'm sure its probably something at the bottom of the page or something.

Glad I could help you girls. If there is anything else, just let me know :)

Yayy! How exciting :) Have fun with the course! Are you doing the makeup one or the master makeup one?

:confused:
Yayy! How exciting :) Have fun with the course! Are you doing the makeup one or the master makeup one?

I think the master one looks good! What one did you do?

I did the master one aswell. You get an extra unit at the end. The units get better as they go on. As your obviously learning and practicing more skills, therefore the assignments are more creative etc. So the last unit is fun :)

I did the master one aswell. You get an extra unit at the end. The units get better as they go on. As your obviously learning and practicing more skills, therefore the assignments are more creative etc. So the last unit is fun :)

Have you got a lot of work from the course? Sorry to ask so many questions I just wanna be sure before I spend lot of money!;)

I signed up to the model mayhem website and got a lot of interest from that. It's just a case of building up your portfolio and keeping the best photos you have. Keeping contacts with photographers and models even if you haven't worked with them before. It's still worth keeping their numbers etc. And giving your details and business cards to schools, theatres, youth clubs etc. advertise everywhere and anywhere you can.
Once you start doing your assignments, you will start building your portfolio and then your work will get you noticed. :).

QC has a Facebook page as well, notate if you know about t or not. They often share students and graduates experiences and achievements

:confused:

I think the master one looks good! What one did you do?

Im goin for the make-up artistry one the may go for the master one :-D xx

Im duing he make-up one then will go onto the master one :-D xx

I was having a wee nosey on the forums and I saw this thread, I'm currently doing the ICS course and I love it :D So much information and very detailed :) And I practise on friends and family every week, as much as college would be handy, home distance is just as good as long as your dedicated and put the time in for it. I wish you all the best with your course :D xxx

If i'm correct, the master makeup artistry and the makeup artistry course are the same except the MMA contains two extra units. Therefore if you were suggesting you will complete the MA first and then continue onto the MMA, you will be redoing 4 units that you would have already completed in the previous course.

If i'm correct, the master makeup artistry and the makeup artistry course are the same except the MMA contains two extra units. Therefore if you were suggesting you will complete the MA first and then continue onto the MMA, you will be redoing 4 units that you would have already completed in the previous course.

aaaaaaaaaaa thanks not signing up till end of week so gonna havena good go through and get my self ready to go, got plentyof guinea pigs ready :) xx

I was having a wee nosey on the forums and I saw this thread, I'm currently doing the ICS course and I love it :D So much information and very detailed :) And I practise on friends and family every week, as much as college would be handy, home distance is just as good as long as your dedicated and put the time in for it. I wish you all the best with your course :D xxx

Aaa cool :) wat materials du u get? Du u get any make up pallettes etc xx

You don't get any make up in the kit, which is fine for me as the college I would have attended if I were to go for the course didn't supply it either lol :)
But I did get a Skin Truth cleanser set, a beauty express bag, with disposable mascara wands, sponges, lip liner brushes, a few wee thing that I can't remember! And a beauty express brush set that is actually quite good :) Also the text book, and the big work folder aswell, with all your work in it. I just stock up on make up every week when I get paid lol! xxx

You don't get any make up in the kit, which is fine for me as the college I would have attended if I were to go for the course didn't supply it either lol :)
But I did get a Skin Truth cleanser set, a beauty express bag, with disposable mascara wands, sponges, lip liner brushes, a few wee thing that I can't remember! And a beauty express brush set that is actually quite good :) Also the text book, and the big work folder aswell, with all your work in it. I just stock up on make up every week when I get paid lol! xxx

How long have you been doing it for? Do you think you can get it done quicker than the 12 months they give you xx

Since November now :) And from what I've read and been told yeah! In my course work it said basically do your tests when you feel ready to do them, so I'm just going to re-read the first part, and re-test myself with the activity's and progress test's and then sit my first test paper. Just to be sure I'm ready lol! xxx

Thanks ! I'm so stuck on which one to do!! It's a hard choice!:Scared:

Thanks ! I'm so stuck on which one to do!! It's a hard choice!:Scared:

Me 2 :-s aaaaaaa haha im swaying to the QC academy xx

Just make sure you take the time and decide which one is best for you. :) You can try compare the two by what you would get with the course. And what ending qualification it will give you :)

Latest posts

Back