Idea's and advice eye lashes extentions etc?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandywine

Reaction score
My business has eventually taken off and I now have a sports/remedial/hot stone massage client list that is building nicely. This has only happened since I started working from a complementary therapies clinic a month ago (I just couldn't seem to build a business from my home based treatment room).

I only do this 2 days a week, which leaves me wanting to work another 2 days from my small treatment room at home. I am already qualified in waxing and do a small amount, but don't particulary enjoy it (except eyebrows) and I don't want to do more than the 2 days of massage as it is physically tiring. I would love to do something more girly and artistic and so I'm thinking about training in nail enhancements or eyelash extentions and as I'm trained in mani/pedi's getting into the Minx and Shalac(?) natural nails more.

My thoughts are that there are a huge amount of nail places in my area, but if I google eye lash extentions hardly anything comes up. I also really like the sound of the eye lashes, could wear them myself (unlike nail enhancements), and could also combine this with eyebrow shaping.

But what to do?

• At the moment I have a huge heavy, massage couch, if I do just beauty based treatments from home I can have a smaller beauty couch/chair (it would fit the room better). These can be expensive so to buy or rent?
  • I'm called Sage Therapies and have a website. Should I just add all treatments to this website or have a different name, which is more treatment specific and a different website?
  • Getting a loan out. All my other courses have been self funded/Christmas presents etc over the last 5 years, which was fine at the time, but I don't want to go that route again.
  • Advertising. I've tried every advertising/marketing idea known to man that is either cheap or free. None has been very successful for massage. If I do this new venture I'm going to have to spend money again (which I will have to borrow) what have people found best?

Any thoughts and ideas will be greatfully recieved. I don't know anyone in the beauty industry, so I haven't got colleagues to bounce ideas off.

P.S Sorry about any bad spelling (my son has done his best checking it for me:)), my spell check seems to of gone!

Hi Faye,

Lashes are a great service and becoming very popular, flirties do a lease scheme if you dont have the funds available straight away but want to get started so is an option other than loans etc.

There are lots of lashes companies I can only speak for flirties and wow factor as i am a trainer but the customer service is great, as a trainer im always there to answer questions, provide feedback, on the phone or text.

I would offer the lashes on an existing website rather than make another outgoing on getting another website etc until you have possibly added more treatments such as spray tanning etc

Lashes do take alot of patience and practice to getting a good set very much like nails some people expect to be good at them straight away and some are, i wasnt it took me a good while to produce work i was happy with, I am a bit of a perfectionist though.

If you want more info you can pm me or have a look on wows website www.wowfactorltd.com

good luck with your new venture and have a good search on here x

Thanks for the info, has anyone else got any thoughts please?

I would just add all your treatment details onto your original website as this is still a therapy! I trained using Glam Lash which is great training and very affordable. Watch out if you plan to take a payment plan as you end up paying way over the odds for it.

Word of mouth is the most powerful way to advertise so if you learn to do the lashes your better giving people in a good loop some free lashes to show off for you and you will probably get more business this way rather than paper adverts.

Lots of practise will be required to get good at the lashes. I would choose lashes over nails I do both and prefer lashing but that is just my prederence!

Costs less to learn lashes!

Hope this is of some help.

Cath
x

I would leave your name and website as it is.....its hard enough to make a name stick with people and to make a website work but to make two work would be a nightmare!

If you do lashes you can do them from your room at home without any problems as you have a couch and would have everything you need.

Lashes seem to be a consistent treatment with regular customers so you should be fine even though i dont know much about your area but any therapist that offers a good treatment will do fine and you can certainly fill two days a week with it!

Latest posts

Back