Identity theft,do you check your statements??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None whatso ever,other than to change any passwords and check statements . The letter offers a personal appology from Dave Hartnet,acting chairman,and a number to contact if there are any probs with child benefit.

Well Becki,

I got my letter as well this morning - it is pretty scary to think that all those details are on one disk - identity fraud is really frightening - even if safeguards have now been put in place.

The thingy I'm cross about is that why were they moving the data? my personal data hasn't changed since 2002 ! so why did it need moving???

Anyway, not a great deal I can do except keep checking everything is ok :green:

i got my letter today, saying sorry we have lost personal details for your son, daughter and yourself including my bank details. Makes me sick. You know what i think, i think it was an inside job. Because no one could be that daft to send that data by post and surely the police and government have carried out very thorough checks since they dissapeared. I smell a Rat!!!!

I have used my bank card online non stop over the last few days and on sites i have never been on before for things i have never bought before, never had one problem with paying!!! Nice to see my bank are on the ball :rolleyes::eek:

yep i got a letter of apology saying my bank is at risk of fraud.....also got a letter from inland revenue saying i have been overpayed by £1,000!!....i call them to be told it is 2004-2005 year also 2005-2006.....said nothing has changed in them years they are saying it has so now i have to complain AGAIN.....this happens EVERY year with us...saying they have overpayed us ....this is why i burn my bank statements all the time ....i have to send in letters saying nothing has changed.....me and my hubby are paying back money when he was with his ex....because his name is on it,he has to pay half but because we are paying it back,they have not contacted her....this child/working tax credit makes me sick and because its the INLAND REVENUE" they can do what they like.:mad:

How ironic I started this thread,just got in from work and what was waiting for me but letter giving me peronal apology and telling me that my details were lost,this includes my children and my DOB,my address,my National insurance details and all my bank details(account number etc):eek:

I know we have all been talking about it but when it's you you cant help feeling a tad "wide open",and telling us they think the details havn't left the building,well.....if they know that then why dont they know where they are?:irked:

Ok, a word of warning for everyone! My husband received his latest bank statement yesterday and some nice person had done five transactions with a certain well-known bookkeepers of £200 each. The only way we can think that this could have been done was because of the fact that he gets Child Benefit and was one of the ones whose details was lost on the two discs. He's cancelled his debit card and the bank are refunding the money, but please, please check your bank statements very carefully if you think you may have been affected!

Latest posts

Back