Igora and Blondme toners burning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jameswhite

Reaction score
Alot of my clients and staff are having problems with toning. Either the products burn the scalp when toning after on scalp lightener or lift the natural hair when toning foils. Applied and mixed to instructions. 9.5-29 and 9.5-89 are lifting aswell but are designed to be toners. Any help and advice would be great

You could opt for vibrance as it is not so alkaline and ammoniated as igora 9,5-/ blondme toners. After a full head bleach I prefer vibrance even with 13 vol./4% it will be more gentle and even.

You could opt for vibrance as it is not so alkaline and ammoniated as igora 9,5-/ blondme toners. After a full head bleach I prefer vibrance even with 13 vol./4% it will be more gentle and even.

Thats a great idea!
any tips and mixing ratios for how to achieve

8-11
9.5-18
9.5-22
9.5-43
9.5-29
Blondme steel
strawberry
lilac

I mix with Blondeme 2%/7vol in a 1:2 ratio. It takes the same on the hair and doesn't affect longevity. When toning with a permanent on prelightened hair, the double peroxide makes the mixture less alkaline. The weaker peroxide prevents lift. You might want to call Schwarzkopf and see if they recommend this for you. I haven't been able to mix the metallics in any other line.

I mix with Blondeme 2%/7vol in a 1:2 ratio. It takes the same on the hair and doesn't affect longevity. When toning with a permanent on prelightened hair, the double peroxide makes the mixture less alkaline. The weaker peroxide prevents lift. You might want to call Schwarzkopf and see if they recommend this for you. I haven't been able to mix the metallics in any other line.

It doesnt make sense to make toners alkaline that are just for toning

Latest posts

Back