Igora red help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissMuggle

Reaction score
Hi Geeks
Can anyone please recommend a vibrant permanent red? I normally only use Wella but the Reds are quite limited and not as vibrant as I want. I have thought a bout trying a new brand Igora or LOreal. Client is looking for something more long lasting as previous red fades too quick. Level 7 red. Thanks in advance

What tone are you trying to achieve? What is the clients current level.and tone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

She is natural level 6 regrowth. Last month used Koleston 77/45 on new regrowth and took it through to ends as mids and ends are porous due to previous pre lightening. Topped up with crazy colour fire on mids and ends due to colour fade. She likes the 77/45 but wants it more permanent as she keeps having to use crazy colour on top.

Your probably best using a quasi on the mids to ends to refresh rather than pulling thro the permanent colour. It will make the fade worse.

100% use goldwell for reds

40ml 6% 30ml 7RR 10ml RRmix on roots
7RR and RR mix colourance on the ends,
Top up and refresh with elumen RR@all

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Your probably best using a quasi on the mids to ends to refresh rather than pulling thro the permanent colour. It will make the fade worse.

I,ve used colour touch previously but still massive colour fade. I've already retailed Wella brilliance shampoo and conditioner a couple of months ago. Also use porosity equaliser prior to colour.Hence why query on other brands. I know it's the hair porosity causing it but Añy more help would be great.

I would go -8 (red in Schwarzkopf) with either 3% or 6% depending on natural root and use royal range. Use the Schwarzkopf vibrance range with a -8 on the ends with 1.9%

The most vibrant red in Igora was 6-888, but it's been discontinued so I tend to use 6-88 with 0-88 mixtone. For a warmer, more firey red I use 6-88 and 8-77 mixed, or for a cooler red I use 6-88 with 0-89 mixtone.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413364937.883624.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413365009.993499.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413365055.676762.jpg
This is the colour she wants and the last one is the starting base with level 6 roots.

Latest posts

Back