Igora Royal Grey and colouring back advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIGHT OWL

Reaction score
Hi there thank you for looking...
I need some friendly help on this colour please..

Clients Natural colour is 100% white.
She has been applying a blonde box colour to the roots only, resulting in an artificial colour of, yes you guessed, white!!

Hair length is between shoulders and bra strap and in good condition.

Target colour is 8.55 igora with highlights.

Was in a dilemma as whether to treat hair as White as in grey or white as in coloured as the coloured hair is in good condition.

This is what I have decided to do, but would appreciate some constructive advice as its giving me a headache, I don't want to mess up as its my best friend and I have to see her on a regular basis lol..x

I'm think of...
Foiling in conditioner the highlights I need.
Pre pigmenting the unfoiled hair, leaving out uncoloured roots, with 0.55 1 part concentrate- 4 parts water, applied with a sponge left to develop then the excess blotted off.
Apply equal parts 8.0 and 8.55 with 9% to the roots.
Then apply 8.55 to the rest of the hair with 3%..

Or would I treat as virgin colour and do mid lengths and ends before roots?.

How much would you charge for this service?.
Thank you..xx

Having a target color of a lv.8, requires no pre pig. Her white hair is healthy and the cuticle is tightly closed. The underlying pigment in a lv. 8 is gold/yellow.You would be adding a needless step with the pre-pig as the hairs cuticle is healthy and closed tightly and needs developer to open it up for it to take any color pigment. The formulation of 50/50 8.0+8.55 is bang on. I would only use 30 volume if her hair is coarse as we need the color to open the cuticle and penetrate the hair shaft slightly to deposit the color only no lifting is needed here. If unsure if 20vol is strong enough, you can mix 1/2 30vol+1/2 20vol= 25vol. Refresh with 8.55+10vol is good.....the hilites.....do you want them to be white? I would recommend using 20-25vol+ lv.9N in foils first then apply first formula to white regrowth then second formula to refresh.Good luck!

Thank you for your reply vividamnesia.
I was hoping I could get away with the pre pig...but as her hair is so white thought it may have faded, but will take your advice and cut this step out.
I was using 9% on the roots as this is what is recommended to use on white hair (grey) by schawarzkopf, but I think I will use 6%, as you say to deposit more colour.
She does like the white colour for the highlights but will see if she wants me to tone them down.
May sound silly but what is lv..
x

Latest posts

Back