IKEA Micke desk question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missy1981

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I went to Ikea today to check out the Micke desk as been researching on here and it seems a lot of ppl use it. However I noticed the back of the desk is a bit lower and might be a bit difficult for clients to get their legs under. I was wondering if anyone who had this desk had actually been able to remove this back panel successfully without the desk falling apart as it looks like it can be removed. I saw a couple of other good desks however I like this one as it was the cheapest and had some storage at the side.

Thanks

Sarah xx

I thought the same as you, im looking for one atm as well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ive got an IKEA laptop desk, the name has just escaped me but I know it's something like Vistrom.. Maybe lol

It has a bar at the back but I'm going to have that my side so I can put my feet on it :)

I shall go Google the desk for you now.

Found it :)

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80221352/

I have the micke desk and my husband modified it while building it, don't know what he did but it works, he used what was in the box and didn't need anything extra.
Anna x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm at ikea now buying a new chair for clients to sit on because I'm having exactly that issue!! I think the IKEA Torbjorn chair goes low enough (£30), I'll check it out as they're on display with the desks, if it works I'll let you all know!

I have the desk and chair you mention in my home salon. Works well for me. I sit on the lower side which is fine for me as I seem to sit on top of my clients nails anyway ;) here's a pic not great but gives you an idea x there's more pics on my website (sorry I don't have them to upload) www.thenailboutiquemargate.co.uk/nailstudio

Attachments

• 1394372713466.jpg
    1394372713466.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,635
I must have looked like a right loon in ikea moving all the furniture around and sitting behind the wrong side, but the Torbjorn fits!!

I must have looked like a right loon in ikea moving all the furniture around and sitting behind the wrong side, but the Torbjorn fits!!

Lol i did this too and made my friend sit on the other side with her hands in mine so I could see how it felt!

My little boy kept telling me and his nan off- "mummy, nanny stop it! You can't move their furniture!"

Lol i did this too and made my friend sit on the other side with her hands in mine so I could see how it felt!

Awwww I bet folks wandering past thought you were breakfast lovebirds holding hands at the table ;)

Thanks for all your responses :) think I'm going to give it a go as I only have a small room and I like the fact there is storage at the side :) xx

Latest posts

Back