I'm a stamping failure!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGordon91

Reaction score
I just can't seem to get a hold of it. I have all these beautiful plates and I have moyou nail polish and konad and I can't seem to do it. I can't pick seem to pick up more than tiny little bits. I've watched videos and I can't seem to do it right :( my wee stamper seems rubbish! Help!

Have you tried buffing your stamp? X

Have you definitely removed the protective film off the plate?

Sent from my HUAWEI Y330-U01 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah it's a blue film which I've took off. I've tried another plate Incase it was something I had done to that plate but I'm still failing :(! Xx

Buffing the stamper? I've never heard of doing that before xx

Yeah,just lightly buff it with a nail block. Not all stampers need it,but some do.
Also, it can be a timing issue, you do need to work fairly quickly.

It takes the shine off if you very lightly buff and gives it a bit more purchase and give your stamping plate a clean too. x

This is my stamper :
View attachment 77761

My plate I've been attempting to use:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414456368.150712.jpg

I purchased both from moyou xx

Yeah,just lightly buff it with a nail block. Not all stampers need it,but some do.
Also, it can be a timing issue, you do need to work fairly quickly.

I've gave it a quick buff so I'll give it a try. I don't think I'm that slow. I have everything laid out infront of me so it's in quick reach =\ it's frustrating!

Thanks for your advice lovelies! It eventually worked. Had to give it a bit of a buff since it was such a new stamper but I now have some nice nail art! So thank you xxx

I had this prob when I first started stamping, then buffed my stamper and voila! I expect you will be on here posting allsorts of stamping pics soon, it gets addictive! LOL

Glad it worked! I love stamping, but my clients are so safe, and hardly ever want nail art. :0(

Thanks for your advice lovelies! It eventually worked. Had to give it a bit of a buff since it was such a new stamper but I now have some nice nail art! So thank you xxx

So glad it worked. Enjoy :) x

Some nails are terrible but others are so pretty. It seems like the ones with lots of design it's easier to pick up rather than smaller designs but I'm sure Once I've really got the hang of it'll become easier! And then I'll show it off. Thanks again everyone! :D

Glad it worked! I love stamping, but my clients are so safe, and hardly ever want nail art. :0(

Aww noo. You'll just have to have to wear it on your own nails and try and promote it!
I'm trying to get better at it as my friends who come to me love nail art and I'm terrible free handed so this is my compromise lol

Im going to try buffing mine, I have been a complete failure at it too and gave up!I will try tonight.x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Aww noo. You'll just have to have to wear it on your own nails and try and promote it!
I'm trying to get better at it as my friends who come to me love nail art and I'm terrible free handed so this is my compromise lol

Me too!! I was so excited when I discovered stamping! I practiced loads before putting it on my pricelist, and now, hardly anyone asks for it. :banghead:
Just the odd prom/debs. I try to have mine stamped as much as possible, and I get complimented and then told things like "I'd never be brave enough to have THEM on!!!". Are you freaking kidding me???They're only NAILS!! LOL!!

I did my daughters toes with deep orange glitter gel polish then stamped black tiger stripes over it. She went to her TKD class singing 'Tiger Feet' and I got 2 appointments out of it!! Lol ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414507470.920326.jpg

Me too!! I was so excited when I discovered stamping! I practiced loads before putting it on my pricelist, and now, hardly anyone asks for it. :banghead:
Just the odd prom/debs. I try to have mine stamped as much as possible, and I get complimented and then told things like "I'd never be brave enough to have THEM on!!!". Are you freaking kidding me???They're only NAILS!! LOL!!

Haha! Its only paint that if they didn't like it or want to change it they could have it taken off! Maybe even run a promotion or something ? Or a competition for whoever allows a crazier design on their nails will get a treatment or something ? If people don't try then we should prompt them into it 😂

I tried vynlux last night! Some of my nails are fab and others are just complete codswallop! Lol. I would upload them but they are just that bad I would get slagged for it haha! Ah well practise makes perfect! 😁

LOL!! Yeah, I think I'm going to offer one free finger stamp as a promo with any shellac service, maybe for a week or so. People LOVE free stuff!!!
:green:

That's very true! I even love free stuff! I got free samples it's probably one of the high lights of my week (probably need a life to be honest haha!)

That sounds like a great idea though ! I'm sure people will snap it up and I bet you once they get loads of compliments on that nail you'll get them comin back for more and you'll possibly even get people recommended to you ! It's a win win! X

Latest posts

Back