I'm looking for a cape/gown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Myers

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for a decent cape/gown.

Which type of cape do you recommend?
Button, hook or velcro (or different, these are the ones I am aware of)

I prefer poppers. With Velcro all the hair and fluff off clothes/fluff from the wash gets stuck to it.

I have the gowns that have no arms and do up at the back. But you have to check that the client has covered their lap (mine very often don't)

I prefer poppers. With Velcro all the hair and fluff off clothes/fluff from the wash gets stuck to it.

I have the gowns that have no arms and do up at the back. But you have to check that the client has covered their lap (mine very often don't)
Same here prefer poppers,no arms plain or at least something that wont wash off,and good quality as it can take the washing it will need.:)

Poppers are the best. Get yourself on eBay and you can get fantastic thick quality ones from China at £3.99 each! I got fed up of getting them from Sally's at like £8.00 when they break so easily!! Honestly the quality is fantastic. They have no arms though x

I prefer poppers I hate gowns which use hooks they never stay and always come undone x

Totally agree, poppers much cleaner and don't ruin the gowns in the wash (for capes and gowns). I am also looking for a high quality gown, there really doesn't seem to be much on the market. I don't like the cheaper ones at the usual wholesalers, these are the best I have found so far for ladies/colour http://www.hairdressinggowns.co.uk/...elcro-collar?zenid=k0lu42uvdem5hphdutmr2tam21. I am holding out to have a look at Salon International and hoping for something better.

Honestly someone just order one to try, I was gob smacked at how cheap they are but then I saw it's from Hong Kong but I took the risk and so glad I did!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1442951705.289297.jpg

Totally agree, poppers much cleaner and don't ruin the gowns in the wash (for capes and gowns). I am also looking for a high quality gown, there really doesn't seem to be much on the market. I don't like the cheaper ones at the usual wholesalers, these are the best I have found so far for ladies/colour http://www.hairdressinggowns.co.uk/...elcro-collar?zenid=k0lu42uvdem5hphdutmr2tam21. I am holding out to have a look at Salon International and hoping for something better.

Me too.
I cannot believe the limited options available!
O.K. if all you want is BLACK.:(
I've had lovely silver/grey satin barber gowns in the past.....WHERE ARE THEY NOW......:confused:
Just BLACK! :eek:

Bringing this one back up.

I'm thinking I'm in need of more gowns. I currently have lime green and purple ones with poppers and no arms.

I ideally want the same colour.

However, I'm noticing hair on people's backs where they constantly lean forwards. [emoji35]

So was thinking a kimono style. But not black [emoji35]

I'd also like something for preteens. I have lovely zoo print ones for kids. But when they're a little older they're 'too cool' for that, but the adult ones are too big at the neck so hair either goes down their neck or I clip it and the clip gets in my way.

Help! Can someone point me in the right direction?

Bringing this one back up.

I'm thinking I'm in need of more gowns. I currently have lime green and purple ones with poppers and no arms.

I ideally want the same colour.

However, I'm noticing hair on people's backs where they constantly lean forwards. [emoji35]

So was thinking a kimono style. But not black [emoji35]

I'd also like something for preteens. I have lovely zoo print ones for kids. But when they're a little older they're 'too cool' for that, but the adult ones are too big at the neck so hair either goes down their neck or I clip it and the clip gets in my way.

Help! Can someone point me in the right direction?

I'd love some suggestions too, thanks.

You can get cutting collars with a cape bit that covers the back of the client / chair to stop hairs falling on the back [emoji106]

I'm still looking too. There was nothing at salon international. Just the usual crap sold in all wholesalers. Where do high end salons get their gowns? what's on offer to us in UK is poor compared to USA/OZ. Will have another look at pro hair/Salon in Feb [emoji16]

I would even consider getting them made. But I wouldn't know where to go.

We have a tailor in the area, would she know which fabric would be most suited?

Latest posts

Back