I'm really struggling with my soak off gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am new to this site so bare with me.
I just recently started using the Akzentz line as well.
I haven't had problems with peeling or lifting ( just with the removal of soak off )
As far as an overlay goes with the soak off line...
Use cuticle remover ( I use ORLY)
push the cuticle back
trim any excess cuticle ( if needed )
wipe the nail with PREP or else the remover can irritate the skin.
Use a sciver bit to buff the nail and remove any oils
wipe again with PREP
Apply the sure bond
Allow that to dry
You can either use affixit at the free edge only and around the side of the nails but make sure not to touch the skin.
Or you can try opti-bond on the nail but its hard to take off
Cure that for 2 minutes
Then apply your base and gloss ( make sure its even so it doesnt cure all patchy )
Depending on what color you're using ( if its dark - remove the sticky layer with gel cleanser )
Apply a coat of color ( thin ) then cure for 2 minutes
Apply a second coat ( thin ) then cure for 2 minutes again
Apply a final coat of base and gloss.
Wipe clean with gel cleaner.

Thats what I do and they turn out pretty good every time!

Like I said, Im having troubles with the gel soak off solution but i don't have problems with lifting or peeling.

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks For that ........

yeah i am doing all of the above , except opti bond or affixit as i just dont think that you should have to buy additional products to make the original product work. its frustrating. most post i have read in relation to akzents seem to say the same. not great without this or that.

i think this allong with the fact i can never call and get to talk to anyone means i will be parting company with akzentz. its so frustrating when you need help that you cant just call some1 - lesson learnt i guess.... I will just use what i have left for toes.

only wish trial an error didnt cost so much money

I think affix it is a must (havn't used opti bond yet).I used to get peeling edges but a little affixit worked wonders. I was also advised from a fellow geek to reapply before my top gloss just in case you do miss a bit with the gel. As with the lifting i did a little in the begining but i found applying my base layer a little thicker (only very slightly) the lifting vanished.

so you use affixit aswell as sure bond ?????? ive watched a tutorial where they have used this just around the free edge ???

doesnt it increase soak off time though ???

Yes I am having the same problem with akzentz options gel. I have a client whose akzentz gel just peeled straight off when she was in the shower (she even kept the bit gel for me to see). The gel is just lifting straight off in one piece with no splitting or cracking. She only has one nail left with gel on (her pinkie nail). I did put the same one on her toenails and they are still ok. Her nails do grow at a phenomenal rate though and she uses acetone in her work to clean the lenses of glasses (she has told me she wears gloves?). Feel deflated as I really like this gel and don't want to lose her as a client.

It sounds like you both are not capping the free edge properly. Also you must apply all layers THINLY. Too thick will cause lifting. Also make sure you are using the correct lamp for the system as well as your bulbs are in good condition. Weak lamps won't cure properly.

Yes i do use the akzentz lamp. Yes i do use sure bond on the whole nail, then affixit just a small amount on the free edge. I ensure all layers are capped and not in thick layers. Soak off is fine just a little longer on the edge as affixit does just that, sticks it. Give it another bash don't give up just yet.

It sounds like you both are not capping the free edge properly. Also you must apply all layers THINLY. Too thick will cause lifting. Also make sure you are using the correct lamp for the system as well as your bulbs are in good condition. Weak lamps won't cure properly.

I AM doing all of the above - as my post says

yeah i keep ploddin on !!!! 2 of my friends have had theirs on for over 2 weeks now. 3 are in their 1st week - its just myself and my sis in law that cant seem to ware this brand.

i do nothing diff with her or me to any of the others. yet the pair of us can ware bio for 3 weeks ?????????????????????????????????????????

Just a thought, are you washing off cuticle remover? i found if you don't you get a lot of lifting, where is the lifting starting?, that may also give you a clue.

And are you making sure the product is flush with the natural nail if there is a ridge that can cause problems.

Also really make sure you check all round the nail folds etc for specks of non living tissue as also can contribute to the mother of all lifting problems :) chin up and keep going you will get there :hug:

Last edited:
Thank you. i will keep goin !!!!

Maybe not with this gel, but i luuurve doin nails. !!!!

Latest posts

Back