I'm taking 1 and 1/2 hrs to do Shellac :-(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
Hi there

I'm concerned about the length of time it's taking me to do shellac.

It took me 1 &1/2 hrs last night to do rock royalty on a client with a little nail art and extra coat of top coat

I'm very thorough with my prep etc and I think this is taking the time but my shellac lasts and doesn't chip!

Also I'm paranoid about French so I take even longer by making sure my smile lines are crisp and the edges are free from the skin etc

It took me 3 hrs to do hands and feet with flower designs on my friend the other day but they have lasted 2 1/2 weeks and still chip free

I'm worrying I'm too slow but also getting requests to do 2 to 3 clients at a time doing hands and feet each which would take me hours.

How many clients would you do if mobile at once???
Cheers

I have limited it to 6 people. I know that sounds a lot but that is either having shellac on hands OR feet, not both, if it were both I'd say 3. However, I thought I was about 30 minutes doing the nails, but I take SO much longer with French. I am so nervous about not getting that right and a French on the hands and feet took me 2 hours the other day :eek: I did not expect it to take THAT long! Also I was in a really cramped space at this ladies house! was not the best working area and then she smudged her toes before they went in the lamp so I had to re do them :rolleyes:

Me too :-( takes me about an hour and half to shellac I've only just started using it tho.but have to admit it does worry me as I'm mobile and have clients that want it done one after the other so that means they'll be waiting ages whilst the other one had it done :-( not great! I'll be interested to read this thread to see if this timing I'd normal.xx

Hi there
It takes me around 45mins to 1hr to do Shellac, normally 45mins if just straight Shellac to an hr if they Rockstar or nail art or French.
Took me an hr and a half last night to do a removal and re shellac.
My work is lasting too.
I guess I would take longer if the client wasn't regular and the cuticles were bad x

I just did shellac on my mum nails this minute and it took me 1 hour and 15 mins including pep..altho i had to do the base coat twice on 4 nails cause the shellac colour coat didnt't seem right. so had to remove it.

Isn't it supposed to take an hour including pep anyway? If so, you're not far off!

I did a post on this a little while back.

If you search for my thread i think i called it "Shellac taking me longer then 30 mins....."

It takes me 45 minutes, maybe an extra 10 for french sometimes and it takes one hour including removal.

How long have you been doing Shellac for?

It is said that its meant to take 30 minutes but the average time is 45 for normal colour.

Obviously if were adding art etc it will take longer.

Im sure you will get quicker the more you use it but in the mean time hey your clients are getting fab wear out of them so dont stress too much :)

Better too long and perfect than rushed and chipped.

I did a post on this a little while back.

If you search for my thread i think i called it "Shellac taking me longer then 30 mins....."

It takes me 45 minutes, maybe an extra 10 for french sometimes and it takes one hour including removal.

How long have you been doing Shellac for?

It is said that its meant to take 30 minutes but the average time is 45 for normal colour.

Obviously if were adding art etc it will take longer.

Im sure you will get quicker the more you use it but in the mean time hey your clients are getting fab wear out of them so dont stress too much :)

Better too long and perfect than rushed and chipped.

45 mins including cuticle work? Gosh I have a long way to go then x.x

Lol don't worry so do I, better stop having my cup of tea lol xx

Lol aw. I'm doing my cuticle work as quick as I can without being slack on it..think i'm just too particular about my polishing..slow and precise.

Lol aw. I'm doing my cuticle work as quick as I can without being slack on it..think i'm just too particular about my polishing..slow and precise.

That's exactly how I am I'm making sure its neat and all areas covered correctly ;-)
Iv only just started on clients so I think il get faster the more I do

Yep exactly..is it worth compromising a little extra time to make sure that it's a neat job? Especially when they will probably be wearing it for 2 weeks plus and the regrowth line will look awful if it's untidy.

Yeah in our training we did a little exercise on paper to show that with repetition, you do get quicker at things.

Hi there
It takes me around 45mins to 1hr to do Shellac, normally 45mins if just straight Shellac to an hr if they Rockstar or nail art or French.
Took me an hr and a half last night to do a removal and re shellac.
My work is lasting too.
I guess I would take longer if the client wasn't regular and the cuticles were bad x

It takes me exactly the same as above with Gelish.

45 mins including cuticle work? Gosh I have a long way to go then x.x

Yep 45 minutes including cuticle work. I was actually quicker when I started as i believed it had to be done in 30 minutes but now I actually take more time and perfect it.

Nails are one of my most popular treatments and I do a good 4 to 5 sets average per day so Ive done a fair few now!

Its definitely better to take your time and get it prefect than it is to rush for the sake of the time its "meant " to take.

Youll definitely get faster with practice :)

Time your self when you are doing it so you can see which area you need to fine tune!

When doing a re Shellac i like to allow -
15mins removal
15mins PEP
15mins applicate

45mins in total!

Break down your timing and we can see which area is taking you the longest

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Thank you il do that, I think I take to long removing the non living tissue then applying the shellac correctly etc
Cheers
Nenee

Latest posts

Back