Images for website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diddle

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know where or how to tell if an image is copyrighted? I am trying to put together a website but don't know if i can use certain images or not!!

Any help appreciated!

Also what music can i use??!!

What images would you want to use? The chances are that most images will be copyrighted, although you can buy images to use off stock photo websites. I guess one sure fire way to get around any copyright issues is to shoot your own images and use those on your site though?

Also, what were you thinking in terms of music? And would it be a MIDI file or an audio file (e.g. MP3)? I'd personally urge caution when using music on a website; some websites I've been to have had music on that I've found intrusive or annoying; in my opinion it's best kept for music websites advertising a particular group or band...

What images would you want to use? The chances are that most images will be copyrighted, although you can buy images to use off stock photo websites. I guess one sure fire way to get around any copyright issues is to shoot your own images and use those on your site though?

Also, what were you thinking in terms of music? And would it be a MIDI file or an audio file (e.g. MP3)? I'd personally urge caution when using music on a website; some websites I've been to have had music on that I've found intrusive or annoying; in my opinion it's best kept for music websites advertising a particular group or band...

I second that - I hate websites with music. I'd rather listen to my own if I want it on at all.

I buy most of my images from iStockPhoto or Alamy (Limited Use) libray.

You can use your own photography, but they are very difficult to get the lighting, etc right to look good enough for professional use. And you can of course commission work which means you get exactly what you want but you will pay more for it.

Mat

Try istock they are great and not too costly they have a good range of manicure pictures

Hi thanks for that will leave the music off then!! I wanted a massage picture, and was going to put a phd picture on as thats the wax type that i use. I'm only doing a free webs site at the moment as the business is more a hobby at the moment!! xx

Latest posts

Back