Important: For all of you woman....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haylo_Therapies

Reaction score
Hello Geeks..

All through March I have been raising money for Ovarian Cancer by doing complimentary shape & polishes with the O.P.I - Teal The Cows Come Home (this colour represents ovarian cancer). I have so far raised lots of awareness for the cause and also a bonus of raising £250 for Ovacome.

I wanted to just let all of you girls know about ovarian cancer because it is HUGELY important you are aware.

Ovarian Cancer is known as the silent killer because the symptoms are so vague. Only 10% of woman get diagnosed in the first stage and unfortunately the rest get diagnosed later on which means the cancer would have spread.

Please Please Please can you all click on this link and read the symptoms for it because early detection is key to saving lives.

Symptoms of ovarian cancer - Cancer Information - Macmillan Cancer Support

Annoyingly ovarian cancer isn't always picked up during a smear test so again, recognizing the symptoms and taking action is absolutely key!!!
Thank you all for reading, please spread the word!

I hope you are all having a good day...

Hayley xx

Hi Hayley, just wanted to say I think it's brilliant what you are doing in both raising money for charity and creating awareness. Xx

What a lovely thing to do! My mum had ovarian cancer when I was 8 luckily it was caught in time an she had her 10 years all clear 3 years ago :).
Not so many people are as lucky tho!
Were always doing things to raise money but had never thought of this! Fab idea Hun!
Great of you to post the link as well to raise more awareness! thank you!
Xxxx

Thank you. It's been amazing to do it. It's sad how little woman know about the symptoms. :(

Im so happy your mum caught it in time!! You must be so gratefull she fought won. Good for her for showing cancer where to go! :) Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks for sharing you've done a great job, keep up the hard work!
Vicki :) xx

Well done Haylo. Can i ask, how did you implement this?

Just have a sign up and have people book a regular file and polish and ask for a donation into the charity pot? Or was there another way? xx

I think this is a fantastic idea. I would love to do something to help this cause.
Maybe donate a certain amount of the price of a new set towards the charity if the client has a finger or two painted a teal colour... Hmm i only have duck egg blue :(

Thanks Hayley for info and link you shared :Love: and a huge well done for your charity work :Love:

Well I noticed that O.P.I were donating £1 for every bottle of 'teal the cows come home' to Ovacome. An Ovarian cancer charity. So I thought it was the perfect opportunity to use our fab industry to help potentially save lives.. I contacted Ovacome and we discussed everything. I advertised it on twitter, to all my clients etc. And just booked in pamper parties. I have collected the money and going to hand it over to Ovacome next week (as I still have one more to do) Xx

I think this is really good what your doing and good on you :) I lost my mum to ovarian cancer it was horrible so it's good to see others raising awareness and raising money for it :) does anyone know if you can buy them charity box things were people put spare change in as I wouldnt
mind one of these for when I open my beauty room xx

I think this is really good what your doing and good on you :) I lost my mum to ovarian cancer it was horrible so it's good to see others raising awareness and raising money for it :) does anyone know if you can buy them charity box things were people put spare change in as I wouldnt
mind one of these for when I open my beauty room xx

Im so sorry to hear that you lost your mum. I'm sure if you contact Ovacome directly, they will send you one. Xx

Very big well done to u haylo :0)

All together raised £310!! Not loads but as Im doing on my own not bad :) x

Latest posts

Back