Nails | Ovacome Ask: Are You Painting Your Tips Teal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
It's that time of year again when ovarian cancer charity, Ovacome, do all they can to spread their very important word. March is ovarian cancer awareness month and Ovacome are asking salons to support their mission by offering a "Teal Tip" manicure and donating some of the profits to fighting this disease.

The real point of the "Teal Tip" campaign is, simply, to get women talking. Ovarian cancer is the fifth most common cancer in the UK yet 90% of women diagnosed with it don't even know the symptoms. If caught early, as with many of these insidious diseases, survival rates are good but to do that, you need to know the tell-tale signs. To help us with this, Ovacome have come up with their BEAT acronym.

B = Bloating that doesn't come and go.
E = Eating less but feeling full more quickly.
A = Abdominal Pain
T = Telling your GP

"Ovarian cancer does talk to us if we know what to look for," says Louise Bayne, Ovacome's Chief Executive. "Teal Tips is a fun way that women can help spread this important message."

So, top up your tips with teal and spread the word.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Teal Tips Image.jpg
    Teal Tips Image.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 390
I will change my nails at the end of the week to teal, to support this great cause. Pictures to follow!!!!

Will be telling the nail tech. Do you have a link to their site where I can see about posters? Xoxo

I approached Ovacome about this last year. I did pamper parties and donated all my proceedings to Ovacome. Raised a few hundred pounds, so very worth it! It's really important to get people aware of the symptoms. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back