OPI | "The Silent Killer"...Teal Your Friends All About It!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
It seems fitting that on International Women's Day, I received an email from OPI telling me about their new charity shade: Teal The Cows Come Home. Their new venture, in partnership with the charity Ovacome, is all about making women aware and keeping them safe.

You may or may not know that March is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month and, wowzers, is this something we should all be reading about and getting up to speed on. Known as "The Silent Killer", ovarian cancer is one of the most dangerous forms of the disease simply because women don't know very much about it. OPI and Ovacome, a charity designed to raise awareness of the disease and its symptoms, have teamed up to create a charity shade in teal: the charity's recognised colour. For every bottle sold in March, Lean White will donate £1 to Ovacome to support their mission to make us all aware.

The simple fact is, that without knowing the symptoms, women can let the disease spread beyond the point of cure. At the moment, the overall 5 year survival rate for women with ovarian cancer is just 44%. With early diagnosis that figure rises to a whopping 92%...the potential to save lives is real.*

So, what are the symptoms? Ovacome have created BEAT - a simple acronym to help us understand what we should be looking out for:

Bloating that doesn't come and go
Eating less and feeling fuller quicker
Abdominal pain
Telling your GP

So get your 'Teal Tips' on and spread the word...you could make more difference than you know.

Until then...geek on.

The Ed.

*Statistics from SEER, November 2011

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 763
what a brilliant and simple way to help raise awareness . i will definatley be buying some and spreading the word. thanks

Latest posts

Back