Improper equipment for hot stones

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with certain things that you should use the correct equipment, and using a kettle, towel warmer for heating hot stones is compleatly wrong, but we have one hot stone warmer and one slow cooker in work and they are EXACTLY the same, except for the BIG price difference, the only difference at all is the one has hot stone warmer written on it! We use them in exactly the same way with water and the slow cooker is much better at keeping the stones at a constant temp. Yes something's you should never skimp on but on others I do think if they slap "spa" or "beauty" on the front of something they can charge you 4 times as much for exactly the same thing!
My insurance firm said there would be no problem at all as we are all trained in handelling the hot stones! X

This is exactly what I was trying to explain to the point that I truly believe if my insurance company were to come and look at my slow cooker in person I honestly think they wouldn't even know it was a slow cooker as it has nothing printed in it anyway - I honestly feel like you say they are made in the same place and packaged and marketed differently to the beauty industry for the manufacturers to make more money for the one that says hot stone warmer on it.

my slower cooker is completely different from my hot stone heater and they are each suited to their job.
The heater has a metal insert pan that can be easily lifted out and cleaned, where as the slow cooker has a crock pot. the stone heater has a variable stat and the slow cooker does not.
If it were the other way round I would prob do my dinner in the stone heater and put my stones in the slow cooker!

Omg .... I can't even believe what I'm reading .....
I actually wanted to stop reading this thread as I got all hot thinking of the potential third degree burns ...

Surely you all had the correct training with the correct equipment ...
Ladies you would not be insured ...

There is a massive difference from a hot stones m/c and a slow cooker ..., one heats stones the other cooks your dinner ...!!!!!!
If you can't afford to provide a treatment correctly and safely - don't offer it at all ... Get a grip you'd soon earn the money back from buying the correct equipment it's not thousands it's no more than £100 ....,
I need to go as my dinner is cooking in the hot stone m/c I'm having chicken its prob not cooked but I'm sure it'll be fine ... Eh

Latest posts

Back