In salon stylist and assessors! what is your average salary?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubymilo

Reaction score
Hi i'm embarking on my TAQA qualification. I've been in the industry for 8 years qualified for 6. I feel like my boss is trying to short change with me with my salary once I've completed the course. Could anyone help or advice me on their situation if you both run a successful column and assess/train others in or out of salon? Most google searches seem to lead me to only college trainer salaries, not a mix of the two. Thanks.

Depends what you are bringing to the table....

I can get a trainer from SAKS come to my salon.....and get paid via a government grant! ;)
You can also get discounted courses for staff via you supplier, i.e. L'Oreal & Wella.

How busy a stylist are you.....
Obviously, you will get at least the minimum wage.....I believe it to be around £7.30.....
Usually commission is paid once you earn your wage x3.
Hope this helps.:)

Depends what you are bringing to the table....

I can get a trainer from SAKS come to my salon.....and get paid via a government grant! ;)
You can also get discounted courses for staff via you supplier, i.e. L'Oreal & Wella.

How busy a stylist are you.....
Obviously, you will get at least the minimum wage.....I believe it to be around £7.30.....
Usually commission is paid once you earn your wage x3.
Hope this helps.:)

Hi, thanks for your reply! I bring in on average £1,400 a week. She wants me to train the apprentices and stylists which I would have time booked out of my column for with them, and to create lesson plans ect and to log each persons development after each training session.

I did this once....took a PROMOTION from being a senior stylist to EDUCATOR.......:cool:
However, as you mentioned, that meant less time on the floor earning commission!
MORE HASSLE.....LESS MONEY.......o_O
Not saying this is the same in your case, but you will need to negotiate a fair return.

What commission rate are you on? 10, 15, 20%......Would you on an average be receiving £100 commission per week?

Only you know what you're worth to that salon.
Do be careful not to out price yourself.

I did this once....took a PROMOTION from being a senior stylist to EDUCATOR.......:cool:
However, as you mentioned, that meant less time on the floor earning commission!
MORE HASSLE.....LESS MONEY.......o_O
Not saying this is the same in your case, but you will need to negotiate a fair return.

What commission rate are you on? 10, 15, 20%......Would you on an average be receiving £100 commission per week?

Only you know what you're worth to that salon.
Do be careful not to out price yourself.

I'm on a set salary and it does go up slightly, but I was wondering if there was anyone else who had gone through the same thing and could give me an estimate on how much they was offered or how much they earn doing the 2 jobs alongside each other.

Latest posts

Back