In your Salon - What Sex.......................

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which you got ! People's opinion is simply that it depends on the individual candidate rather than their gender :!:

I did but also got a visit from the naughty Police, one of their members can be seen below. Third from the left.

A Guy has applied for a job in our Salon and tbh I don't know what to do. Of course like anything else there are 'fors and against'. It maybe a strange question to some but its rather strange trying to weigh it all up tbh.
The above quote is the reason that some members think you're being sexist.
It's irrespective whether a stylist is male or female, what does matter is (as has already been said) whether they are good at their job and have the people skills needed in the salon industry.

Because I cannot understand why sexism is even coming into it. It was a general question really about ability and who would make the better Hairdresser in many people's opinion on here. Afterall its others bringing up the 'sexism' ****e, not me.
You bought the sexism up by asking what you should do due to a male applying for a job in your salon.
It's quite shocking really that the question was even asked, hence why you received the opinions that you did, and as we all know, we're all entitled to an opinion, especially when one has been asked for.

Is the reason you're being so defensive due to the fact that you don't like some of the replies that you've received?

Chill out and take the replies on the chin, then ask the male stylist for a CV, get him booked in for an interview and trade test, then, and only then, will you know whether he's right for the job (his gender not being an issue).

Hey I think the same as long as the person weather male or female is a great stylist it doesnt matter what sex/sexuality they are. I think that having a guy working amoungst women for the staff is a realy good idea for the staff because it brings different conversation and banter to the atmosphere also some clients may want there hair done buy a guy. I know some people that feel a bit intiminated walking in to a salon full of gourgouse women (not that they should-its just what a couple of people have said to me before) having a guy working for you is a positive step as long as with any person being employed they have a great personality and flair for the job!! Hope this helps!! :)

I understand your question and agree that it shouldent matter its there skill and personality that counts male or female

BUT

you deff want to make sure hes polite friendly not like some male stylists ive come across who are rough with your hair,full of themself,abrupt and make you feel stupid! I repeat some not ALL!

the only time I would say it wouldent go down well is somewhere where most of your clients are older , I work in a salon where 80% clients are 75+ and they definitely wouldent like it..:eek:

You didn't get a visit from the 'Naughty Police' Fitz, you got a visit from the 'OMG, what century does this bloke live in Police.

Take a chill pill Fitz........you been sniffing the perming solution again?

You didn't get a visit from the 'Naughty Police' Fitz, you got a visit from the 'OMG, what century does this bloke live in Police.

Believe it or not there are people out there that still cannot come to terms with what you are suggesting, that is up to them though and nothing to do with what I was asking. I think people here are making it out to be something more as in many cases you always do.

I was merely trying to point out that as a Salon we have never employed a Guy before and was trying to get a feeling as to what it would be like if any different to employing a woman. Believe it or not there is a lot to think about i.e. Clients reaction, other staff's reaction because believe it or not some people do not like change. Its got nothing at all to do with anything else other than that really.

Last edited by a moderator:
...and on that note, this thread is now closed (with edits where needed in the preceding post).

We will keep it open to show members HOW NOT TO BEHAVE on the site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back