Inch Loss Wrap conundrum

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsBeautyEtc

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I've been searching and browsing all day long and I'm no nearer the end of my quest! I have a few questions and I was hoping some of you lovely people would shed some light for me?

So ... I see SV are to end selling through S2 - but do SV only sell to therapists trained through them? I hold a general body wrap qual.

Secondly, why is the Universal Contour Wrap setup for mobile so expensive and can you do without the heating tank/transportation tank as a mobile therapist? i.e. heat/transport in a different way.

Also, I've been looking at what could be the cheaper end of the market and wondering what kind of results people have seen from Quickslim (seen on Ellisons) and Strictly Professional (seen at Beauty Express).
Now then, at Beauty Express it comes up at their price (not sure I'm allowed to state on here) and says it will do 5 treatments at a reccommended salon price. I've costed it out including VAT ... is my maths upside down or does this create a loss?! Not sure this is good business?! :eek:

I'm still confused with who to go with to be honest. I want to be able to provide a shower-free service, at an attractive price which gives good results. I don't want to have to pay a large outlay or pay for more training when I already hold a qualification that enables me to wrap.

I hope somebody can help as I honestly don't think I can research any further without some kind of guidance!

Thanks in advance. :hug:

x

I have used quick slim from ellisons and hydra slim from salons direct. Both had similar losses averaging 6 inches. Are you looking at kit price when doing costing as the bandages are reusable. Taking into account laundry and product it is definitely not a loss for me. Hope this helps

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ps the quock slim leaves apowdery residue which some may not like leaving salon with. It is the clay powder I think.

Ahh yes, thank you, that's why it seemed iffy. That was the Strictly Professional one. The Quick Slim looks much better value and if it gives results of 6 inches approx then I'm pretty sure my clients would be happy with that! Will research the hydra slim too.
As for the clay powder ... hmm. I would just let them know in consultation, but personally I'd tolerate that for a loss of 6 inches.
Many thanks for youre reply :)
x

Also - is Hydra Slim an Actiderm product? If so, where do you stand on the pro product vs party plan product that clients can buy themselves? If I'm wrong then I apologise!

Edited to say : I can't find Hydra Slim anywhere ... :-/

x

Last edited:
No its not actiderm I looked at that and tried it out of curiosity and got similar results but the fact it qas sold party plan put me off. Hydro slim is a gel comes in a litre bottle very plain no packaging etc and manufactured by hof beauty I believe and sold via salons direct website as well.

Have a look at nsl wraps hun brill for mobile

Sent you a pm x

I use NSL they are fab, most of my clients have left with an immediate loss of between 6 and 11 inches and it continues to work for 3 days after, all clients very happy x not too much to carry around, so you can definitely use mobile x

I use NSL they are fab, most of my clients have left with an immediate loss of between 6 and 11 inches and it continues to work for 3 days after, all clients very happy x not too much to carry around, so you can definitely use mobile x

Thanks - and how does it compare price-wise would you say? Is it film or bandage based? I've emailed them to ask for info but I'm so impatient ;) x

The balm itself is quite expensive 69 pounds a tub, but this achieves 20 applications at a price range of between 45 and 65 pounds :)

Sorry missed a bit - it's film x I can send you details if you'd like :)

Hi Julia! Thanks - they've literally sent the info in the past hour so I have it all!
Still not decided which to choose. Another evening of research I think but at least I have some fantastic info to look into now.
Thanks to all of you
xx

I get beautiful results with Lipolift pro. Good packages, easy wrap, fab inch loss x

Latest posts

Back