Incompatibility test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaz

Reaction score
I have a client who used xxl live blonde. I've done an incompatibility test equal parts perm and 12% cream as no liquid. 30 mins.
was I suppose to use 6%?

Results was the bowl got hot and there was slight bubble after 30 mins. Bit the hair elasticity was not that bad.

Has anyone coloured after xxl blonde live

Bubbles =chemical reaction x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Don't colour the hair!

Xxl is the worst thing !

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek

I knew it had a chemical reaction but wasn't sure if I mixed it correctly with correct peroxide.

I don't know how to do this test loool. When should I do it anyway xD

At college they told us to mix with perm lotion didn't say to mix with peroxide and they said if something is gonna happen it would happen in the first 5 mins

For an incompatibility test I would use 6% an perm solution in equal amounts in a bowl with a test cutting of the clients hair, most likely a reaction will occur in the 1st 5 mins however any kind of heat from the bowl, sizzling of the hair, bubbles, or discoloration, means a reaction has occurred an the color cannot be done, basically metallic salts are present, even if the elasticity is fine a reaction means no color! This test is done before any perm and before a color where by you are unsure of the clients hair history :)

Thanks scissors.. Thought it was 6%. I have some hair left will do the test again. X

Question, I correct in advising client that she can not have her hair coloured but if she wants to stick to blonde can not use any other brand other then the xxl live?

I know you should advise client to grow it out, but I know she won't..

Redone incompatibility test with 6% instead of 12%. Mixed with perm and this did not react. Would I still be ok has I'm using 12% with tint.

It's preferable you don't. Like above, any reaction is a no go area, and because you know its reacted, granted with a different mix, you should advise her to grow out the colour.
If she won't then more fool her, but you know you done your best by not attempting something that could potentially make her bald, scald her or cause future medical problems with her scalp. Xoxo

Latest posts

Back