Increasing Client Base

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vixen100

Reaction score
I am thinkng of renting space at a hairdressers in a city not in the centre though. Obviously there will be some clients who have hair done who will want there nails doing. But how can I make sure that I am not renting space sitting there with few clients. I understand the basic ways of marketing ie. Leaflet Drops,advertising in local magazines/newspapers,:rolleyes: offers, word of mouth, sending promotions out to existing hair client addresses, etc. But are there any other ways people have found invaluable. Does is sound to desperate to go out in area around salon and give leaflets to potential clients?

Can anyone give me advice on diferent ways which have worked for you?

Hey!!!

One of the best things I did was a buy one get one free offer on my treatments, so say if someone had a set of acrylics done, they would get their infills for free. It brought me loads of new clients, I simply put a poster in my window advertising this and it worked.

I also work for a radio station, but because of the Ofcom code, I am not allowed to advertise my own salon, so I decided to do a 'winning weekend' this meant that I gave away 3 free manicures or pedicures on the Saturday and 2 on the Sunday. This was the best thing I ever did because my salon in best in a little village based on the outskirts of a city so I was able to draw in some clients from the city. Word of mouth is always the best form of advertising so because people enjoyed t heir treatment they told their friends, it brought quite a few new clients.

The other thing I would recommend is a recommend a friend scheme where people get a gift voucher each time they recommend one of their friends to come to you. It gives your clients an incentive to talk!!!

I hope this helps!

Natalie

xx:green:

how about these

money off the first treatment
recommend a friend
discount if you book a course of treatments
discounts for students and OAPs
discount for the staff
free gift with selected treatments
discounted treatments for a limited time

If you are renting space in an upmarket BUSY salon ..you will not be sitting there for long without clients is your work is excellent.

Make sure thier client base is good and that the salon has the type of clients YOU want at your table.

Then make yourself available to those clients. The answer is, don't just sit there. Promote yourself by offering a free nail and offer a manicure or polish to any interested parties (not for free). Do the hair stylists nails and get thekm talking about you. Talk to the clients and make yourself useful to the salon and their clients if you have time on your hands.

Your work and the quality of it will bring in the clients better than any other form of advertising.

I have the same issue. I have been working in a salon for about 10 months... It took a while to build up the clients but i am getting quite busy now... Our salon has been extremely quiet over the past few months so i have my busy weeks and then there are the slow weeks... but don't sit iddle.. do nail art on tips.. offer specials etc... maybe even get a black board out the front and advertise specials when you have a spare time slot..... One thing i did do is let people book when ever and let them walk all over me just to get the clients in the door.... start out how you want to continue.
Hope it all goes well...
Just out of interest how much rent do you pay?
I pay $50 a week...
X Mel

I have not actually started yet and I am looking at different places but i don't want to pay more than £50/60 a week!

One salon has said that as I have no client base I can start on a percentage split. Does this mean I should pay for all the products and what is a decent split?

Is it acceptable to draw up a contract and say first 3 months for example on a percentage and then change to a flat rate rent say £50 a week. Has anyone done that.

Where do you get these template contracts from. But does this then tie me in to for example- 6 months. Because I want in a contract upfront because if i work on a percentage to start with then i get busy and they agreed for me to then play a flat rate when i get busy. they could easily change their minds?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back