Individual Eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorina1230

Reaction score
Hi,
New to this site and was wondering as I have just recently trained Marvel Individual Eyelash Extensions, Approx how many lashes is a full set. There are many threads on this subject. I am confused as to how many lashes is concidered to be a full set, what is a half set and is this where you only add them to the outer edge or is that a flare????
Can anyone please explain for me
Many Thanks

Hi there, welcome to the site :hug: Did your trainer not go over what a full set is etc? I was trained that approx 60 per eye is a natural set, but anything up to 120 per eye can be applied for full on glamour

Hi, I agree with cabinkel, i was taught between 60 and 120 but it depends on the person, some older ladies don't have as much as younger ladies and you tend to run out of natural lashes to use the extensions on. i offer a flare, just long ones in the corners and a few shorter ones for bulk, but a full set i would say is working with what you have and what look they are after. Hope this helps.
Lisa

Hi I know you need help but I am considering booking a marvel lash course tomorrow, is it any good? I can't afford the others, they are way too expensive, thank-you. x

Hi,
Thanks for the comments much Appreciated and no the trainer neglected to mention it but in saying that she was very good and not affiated with any particular company.She trained us with Marvel and she personally likes them as they are more natural than others. I paid £175 plus vat and £85 plus vat for the kit. I have practised only on 2 friends at the moment and seem to be ok for now. I have no complaints about the course at all but it is alot of info in 1 day. I agree that maybe a 2 day course would be better. But it is all in the practice I suppose.I have done some research on the net and lashperfect and Hollywood will sell their products without their own training.
Basically the Marvel course is good but not sure wether I will stick with this product or not I will see how the practicing goes.
Thanks

Thank-you so much for your response, it was very helpful, that is what I thought, we can get lashes elsewhere if need be. The course is £225 plus vat but that includes the kit so about the same. Noveau lashes is just far too expensive for me, especially if it doesn't take off, could you imagine! Good luck with it all x

Please don't take this the wrong way but lash extensions are an art, there are many, many people who can do them and feel they are good, but to tell the truth (and this is just what I think so it means nothing) not that many are really brilliant at them, that includes the trainers as well.

I have only once or twice seen an expert, I saw them in the US a long time back and go to all the shows, I am well versed.

People see others charging £100 and think oh it will pay for its self very quickly. Its a strange subject and the training companies will say just practise and practise you will be really good, (I wonder why they say this) but I think its something that is sort of in you as well.

Countless people start then stop, if only they would let you trial this before you go for it.

Su x

Hi, I trained with Lash Perfect and their course is £225 for the basic training, on how to apply them but costs more if you want the starter kit. Looking back I wouldn't buy the starter pack as all the lashes are so fine and none of my clients want them they like the thicker C curls .25 and vary in length from 10's to 14's. I would buy what you need separately. I have about £300 worth of lashes I haven't used.

I would recommend Lash Perfect for their training and their product range is good, plus delivery is prompt, my only beef is they over charge for postage and never do any offers.

I also had a major problem with the adhesive from Marvel Lash - it didn't stick!!! I had to buy this product from my wholesalers as I ran out of the adhesive from LP and couldn't get it supplied in time. The ML batch had a problem and it took 5 hours to dry, I bought 2 bottles and neither one dried - same batch number!!! I contacted the manufacturer and they reimbursed me, but I lost the client - she owned a bridal shop!!!! Great eh!!! Marvel Lash said they would come back to me with an explanation of what went wrong with the product, but they never did. Bad luck for me as I had just started out - it really did dent my confidence, but I will never use Marvel Lash products again - that lost client lost me a small fortune!!!!

I would shop around and check the quality of the product you are buying - most of the lash suppliers will send you samples.

Best of Luck - I love my lashes!!!! MWAH!!!!

Xhristine :) :) :)

I love lashes, but as with nails i def say you get what you pay for, i paid cheap for my first training in acrylic nails and later regretted it, and ended up paying and starting all over again, do a search and if it means saving for another month to do the course and training you require then i would def advise of this.

Good luck. x

Latest posts

Back