Individual Lashes VS Cluster Lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Em.S

Reaction score
Hello you beautiful Geeks,
I need some help/advice. Sorry it’s a bit long winded...

We've just decided to start offering 15 minute quick fix treatments in the salon, one of my girls came up with the idea of doing party lashes that take 15mins to apply and charge £15!
When we all trained at college (various different colleges) we were taught to do cluster lashes, by sticking them on the actual eyelid in-between natural lashes. They lasted about the weekend maybe a week, very maximum.
We already offer Individual lash extensions and a full set takes approximately 2 hours so thought this would be a nice quick fix for clients on a budget!
However there is now total confusion in the salon, here is our dilemma and hoping someone on here can clarify....
All the brands of lash glue seem to do 2 types... individual lash glue (use to glue individual lash to natural lash) or strip glue (used on strip lashes). Now obviously we'd go for the strip glue as this is suitable to be in contact with the skin BUT it doesn’t last longer than a day.
So what glue do you use to stick cluster lashes onto the eyelid? That'll last client a couple of day minimum. We have no idea what glue the colleges used as we all thought it was individual lash glue (not recommended for contact with skin)
Heeeeeelp!!
xXxX

Hi, there are quite a few different types with different names. Hopefully the below may help.
STRIP lash glue;
lasts the night and can peel them off yourself
INDIVIDUAL lash glue;
Lasts the weekend, Used with clutter/flared/weekend lashes and need to be removed with remover.
SEMI PERAMENENT glue;
Lasts weeks, used with semi permanent/singular lashes and has to be removed by a professional with remover

Hth x

Hi Em

I can't comment on any other types of training but we never advise lashes to touch the skin, even if the glue is suitable for the skin.

I do know of clients that use the strip lash glue and keep their clusters in for about 2 weeks. So I think alot comes down to customer aftercare too .....

You could do an 'express' course which is how you can use the individual lash products quickly to create the service you are after - the glue we recommend for that lasts 2 weeks.

HTH
Francesca

Good advice! If you already offer semi permanent lashes, then the express method would be a good add on. Takes around 20-30 mins

Thanks for the advice, I've contacted the people I trained with for the semi permanant lashes and they said exactly what you guys said re-train in the express treatment.

Thanks for your time and advice :) x

I do cluster lashes as a quick fix treatment, takes 15-20 mins & Is my main treatment on a Friday. Need put lashes onto the skin though!

Latest posts

Back