Industry shows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for me?

OPI, CND, EzFlow but not for everything,

IBD, NSI...

those are often quoted. means they are reliable to me.

I would also mention Entity for the solid back they have, the reputation too. and Kodi may get big too.

these aren't mentionned for what I think of the products, just how they are commonly seen.

Without trade shows it is difficult for manufacturers to show new innovations and developments in the industry.

It is extremely costly to exhibit at these events and as Gigi quiet rightly points out it is not only the horrendous costs of the stands alone that we have to bear but staff costs,travel,accommodation ,food and drink for the staff let alone the margin erosion that we take with show specials.

Unfortunately the current position is not the best one and as I see it the show organisers have themselves to blame.

The trouble has been that there were simply just to many shows to frequently and a snowball effect started.

The organisers.... to get the manufacturers/distributors needed to get the attendance numbers up and in so doing well erm..basically every man/woman and his/her dog could get in.

This fuelled the bucket discounters to start exhibiting to capture these visitors with quick sales in order to recoup exhibiting costs etc.

Visitor numbers dropped and so did quality exhibitors which further fuelled bucket shop traders dominating these shows.

One could of course argue that it was those that visited who benefited from the show deals but in reality who needs another wooden buddah for the mantlepiece and in conciquence more damage was done as the quality exhibitors started staying away from these events as did the quality professional buyers needed to make them commercially viable.

I suspect the situation peaked (or bottomed out) last year.

There is now a strong move to get these shows back on track and be somewhere where professional buyers and exhibitors alike can come together under one roof.

As I understand it the organisers of the G Mex event are adopting an extremely responsible approach to who is allowed access and who is exhibiting in an attempt to reverse the trend of previous show events.

Amongst many changes and as I understand it the numbers of 1st year Students is being restricted and those that are attending will be refused at the door if they are not in uniform.

Let us hope that through responsible organisation of these events that they will quickly become a worthwhile and "relevant" venue to attend from the perspective of those companies that make a huge investment in exhibiting to the professional buyer ,competition eventer as well as the students who will one day be our future.

The choice of either exhibiting or attending is of course a personnel one but rest assured by attending/exhibiting we will all be playing a part in keeping the industry within which we all work and love so much very much alive :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here Here Colin, and the line up for Gmex looks fab!!!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back