Infection from wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
Hello

A client called today about a Fakebake airbrush tan that she purchased from my salon not working ( she had only just used it and said after spraying one leg it broke- I'm not sure why it has broken but I apologised and told her I would replace It and contact Fakebake)

Anyway after complaining about the fake tan she mentioned that after she had a lip wax at my salon she had come up in weird little blister/spots and she went to the doctors (for another reason) and mentioned her lip, and after the doctor had a look at it she said that she has an infection and gave her antibiotic cream for it.

My question is could there be any chance the infection was from the waxing(as this is what the client was implying!) I have no idea how she could get an infection as we always make sure everything is clean and hygienic. Also she had an eyebrow wax at the same appointment of the lip wax and her eyebrows are fine, so if it was from the wax then wouldn't her eyebrows get infected too?

She has had waxing done at my salon lots of times without any reactions, if anyone has any thoughts on what could of caused this or any advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks xx

I would say that the infection DID NOT come from the wax itself at your salon. Her lip could however have become infected, if there was any skin lift during the waxing, and if she either wasn't made aware of it, or didn't look after her skin properly after the waxing treatment. I wouldn't stress about it, and just make sure if she comes back for another waxing treatment that you remind her of necessary after wax care. Presumably she had a consultation down before her waxing, to rule out any contra indications... steroid cream on the area etc??

It could be many things - just one of those things, the beginnings of a cold sore etc??

Sorry, not much help really

I would be extremely surprised if the infection came from the wax. It's more likely to be that she's repeatedly touched the area post treatment & bacteria from her hands has transferred to the area. As TJReiki has already stated, it's worth reiterating post care with her when she attends again for this treatment & maybe do a revision of her consultation card to ensure nothing has changed in the time she's been coming to you.
X

Little white spots on the upper lip are quite common after waxing. I don't think she had an infection at all, just watery spots that occasionally occur. Sometimes using a non strip wax helps, sometimes it doesn't. Just one of those things unfortunately x

I always tell clients to anti bac their hands and do not touch the area, or they may introduce bacteria and cause spots. It won't be your wax x

I sometimes find it happens to clients who don't regularly get an upper lip wax, it could just be the reaction to having the hair pulled out of the follicle and stimulating the sebaceous glands, I wouldn't worry ☺️ Could also just be her touching the area after her treatment! X

Latest posts

Back