Inflamed scalp and cradle cap

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nails<3

Reaction score
Hi all,

My 5 year old has really bad dry skin/ cradle cap on her scalp and we can't budge it with anything. It is slowly coming away but it seems to grow back.

I have just looked at her hair and at the crown it is all inflamed. She always has her hair up in pig tails so that may be why but its only on her crown.

Any suggestions on how to rid the dry scalp and what the redness may be.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367660430.855250.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367660430.855250.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 3,933
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367660503.742548.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367660503.742548.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 1,597
Also her hair doesn't grow very well at all.

It is very thin at the top but I think that is due to all the dry skin on the top. She is very self aware of her hair also as all her friends have long thick hair and she doesn't and don't like seeing her upset though as she is so young. Xx

Go to the doctor I could be wrong but my daughter had this inflamed scalp at the back she lost a patch of hair and her scalp was flaky , it was a yeast infection , I was prescribed nizoral shampoo for her and it did the trick x

Ok great thank you, will book her in ASAP xx

I have a similar problem which is what I think of as adult cradle cap where my hair breaks off at the root, due to a build up of dry skin and inflamed scalp. Alphosyl 2 in 1 was prescribed by my doctor and cleared it up very quickly ( it can be bought over the counter from
boots). I don't use it every time I wash my hair only when I need to. The hair so far has grown back but it is thinner. I also used Alpecin to stimulate my scalp when the hair starts to regrow. I'm not sure if it's a fad product but I like it.

My son has what looks like cradle cap in that it comes off in big flakey chunks but with no redness. His head does get itchy now and then. He has psoriasis on his head. He doesn't have it anywhere else on his body but does have excema but whatever the case I would ask your gp to look at it

Hi hun, see your Gp and don't put her hair up for now; use little pretty clips in her hair to make her feel pretty so she doesn't feel bad she can't put her hair up; coconut oil is wonderful for hair and scalp, but only if the problem has been treated as it may be a yeast infection or another underlying problem; once treated though, coconut oil will help and it's been said to help thicken hair as well x

Hi hun, see your Gp and don't put her hair up for now; use little pretty clips in her hair to make her feel pretty so she doesn't feel bad she can't put her hair up; coconut oil is wonderful for hair and scalp, but only if the problem has been treated as it may be a yeast infection or another underlying problem; once treated though, coconut oil will help and it's been said to help thicken hair as well x

She won't wear her hair down as its really thin and curly and it just looks like a nest haha bless her.

I will leave it down but am booking her in when they open so they can look at it and hopefully find something to get rid of it.

Thank you all for your suggestions xx

Little lamb, I bet she's just adorable! Maybe just have it down at home then and up when she goes out?x

Hi...bless her.... when you put her hair up make sure her hair and scalp is dry, as if its damp it doesn't dry out where its tied against the scalp and can create an ideal breading ground for fungal infections..x

Latest posts

Back