info on Indian Head Massages

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sc in canada

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

As you can tell from my name I am in Canada. I have heard about Indian Head massage from a family member who lives in the UK I was wondering if any of you offer it and could give me a little information about it.

Thanks a bunch :)

SC

I did a 6 week NVQ course but didn't do my final assessment as I broke my toe and couldn't stand or walk about for the day to complete it :irked:

But I'll happily answer any questions..

I do it.Its done sitting up in a chair, usually in thin clothing and it is upper back,scalp and face it is very relaxing,can be quite vigorous i find it quite hard work on my hands, as well as the massage you balance chakras i do mine for about 40-45 mins.

Hi, Im still learning it at the moment, its a interesting treatment to learn and its really nice to recieve. I prefere it to a full body massage.
As everyone is taught differently, the routine Im learning is performed sitting upright in a chair, it includes back, arms, neck, scalp and face. It takes only 30 minutes and we've been learing the routine over clothing and with oils; there is five oils used, coconut, sweet almond, mustard, sesame and olive. They are used according to seasons and skin/hair condition. We also have learnt Chakra balancing.

Hello,
I do Indian head massage and give the client the choice to either have it sitting or lying on the couch. I massage either through thin clothes or using oil on the skin. My oil free IHM is slightly shorter than oil used massage and also if oil is used you can apply more pressure. I work on the Marma points (pressure points) on the back, shoulders, scalp, face and ears.
The order I do the IHM in is upper back, shoulders, upper arms, neck, scalp, face and ears.
Although I was taught to use the Chakras, I don't use them as this is a more spiritual aspect, which I'm personaly not convinced about(If you see what I mean:confused: ).

Latest posts

Back