Information on environmentally/animal friendly products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JadieBoo

Reaction score
I have wanted to do an acrylic nail course for the past few years but could never really afford it so I bought some NSI products from a trained friend and practiced (NOT on people) with help from people I know and the internet. I's not something i want to do as a full-time job but I want to do a beginners course (haven't decided who with yet).

I have just bought a training hand so i can practice more at home but i can't decide on what products to use. I will NOT buy any products that are tested on animals or harmful to the environment

I really want to try EZ-Flow, so i googled it and all I could find was their 'Material Safety Data Sheet' (link below)

http://transdesign.com/MSDS/Ezflow Gelish/Q Liquid Monomer.pdf

I have read one post on here that says they don't test on animals but the safety data sheet says they do.

Can anyone provide any solid information on Environmentally/Animal friendly products? and if any of this information is covered in a course. (I don't think it is). I'm just not getting anywhere.

Thank you :)

Last edited:
I have wanted to do an acrylic nail course for the past few years but could never really afford it so I bought some NSI products from a trained friend and practiced (NOT on people) with help from people I know and the internet. I's not something i want to do as a full-time job but I want to do a beginners course (haven't decided who with yet).

I have just bought a training hand so i can practice more at home but i can't decide on what products to use. I will NOT buy any products that are tested on animals or harmful to the environment

I really want to try EZ-Flow, so i googled it and all I could find was their 'Material Safety Data Sheet' (link below)

http://transdesign.com/MSDS/Ezflow Gelish/Q Liquid Monomer.pdf

I have read one post on here that says they don't test on animals but the safety data sheet says they do.

Can anyone provide any solid information on Environmentally/Animal friendly products? and if any of this information is covered in a course. (I don't think it is). I'm just not getting anywhere.

Thank you :)

Hey there, I'm an animal friendly Nail Tech and only use leaping bunny or cruelty free products. Which is hard but its getting easier as the beauty industry is getting more aware that we don't need to kill bunnies to be beautiful. The following products for nails are either Vegan or do not test on animals;

Barry M
INK Nails London
Cuccio
Semilac (the website doesn't say much but I emailed them)
Then the skin care brand I use for nail crème's and washes SKINTRUTH
CND

There are a few more out there but these are the ones I'm currently using, I have also got a lot of info on hair care but I'm not qualified for that :(

P.S - Environmentally friendly? Acrylic is a manmade product so its near impossible to do that they are chemicals, only one thing you can do is what I tend to do is try all excess fluid with tissue and burn it, along with recycling your plastics and whatever side products you use, can be ethically scoured and animal friendly like the Skintruth I mentioned.

I thought CND was owned by Revlon and Revlon do test on animals

Thanks for posting this - the environmental as well as animal aspect really troubles me, I think many wish there were more coverage and greater discussion of this issue as it is a current and growing debate around a change to our industry & materials that is just inevitable - the question is simply time scale. That said, it's a positive thing - we should push for the development of (true) biodegradable, non polymerisation based extention methods taking a cradle to cradle approach pioneered by some detergent companies in making sure the whole process of production, use and disposal of the product does no harm to animals, our natural habitats, or the humans wearing and applying them. Science will have these answers - the issue is that it companies need to realise that with consumer incentive and confidence, it will be a lucrative venture and the first company to bring to market an effective, safe and desirable product will be pioneering an iconic shift in nail wearables. Up until recently I think the perception has been that ecologically minded ethical consumers are not the same ones as those who enjoy fashion, fun and creative glamour. Stereotyping really goes a long way and does so much damage in society (in my opinion) :rolleyes:;)

Latest posts

Back