Infrared lamp for Minx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherp

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Am thinking of getting Minx in my salon and been working out the set up costings.

There is a thread on here saying the medisana infrared lamp from amazon is good to do Minx which is good news as its only approx £20 as opposed to CND's £80 but I have a lamp that looks just like the CND one which I have a daylight bulb in but don't use anymore, could I just replace the bulb to a 150w infrared one and use this for Minx?

My room is not that large to cope with all the different lamps and curers ?

I would just say try it and see if that is what you want to do.

Your biggest worry is accidental fires or scorching or burning your client or yourself. Cheap infra red lamps do not have the safety features incorporated into the design like the ones from S2. I like the extra dimmer facility so that I can adjust the heat while working and I like all the protection from burning ... Protective grill and a shade that does not get too hot plus handle for changing the angle of the bulb so you can't burn yourself.

The bulb can literally fry your skin so when working with the public I take no chances.

There's a real risk it could melt and/or catch fire. "Ordinary" lamps are typically rated at 60W (check inside the shade) and they do not have ceramic bulb holders and heat proof wire that infra red heat bulbs need.

Hi Guys

Am thinking of getting Minx in my salon and been working out the set up costings.

There is a thread on here saying the medisana infrared lamp from amazon is good to do Minx which is good news as its only approx £20 as opposed to CND's £80 but I have a lamp that looks just like the CND one which I have a daylight bulb in but don't use anymore, could I just replace the bulb to a 150w infrared one and use this for Minx?

My room is not that large to cope with all the different lamps and curers ?

I bought the above after reading many great reveiws on here ......... lesson learned, you pay cheap you pay twice :rolleyes: I'll getting the minx lamp,the above imo get's too hot, and is difficult to position and allthough i haven't tried it,the one at 30 looks better for positioning however the temperature would put me off as it's not variable,so allthough it's not exactly what you asked about lol hth's when making your choice :hug:

Thanks Guys

I think thats made up my mind...... a call to Sweet Squared is in order I think!!

When are the new lamps coming in?

H x

That is a question for S2. Minx lamps came in last week I believe.

Latest posts

Back