Injectables profit share advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Therapy

Reaction score
Good morning Geeks

I am looking into having a lady come and carry out anti wrinkle injections and fillers in my salon one or two days each month. Can anyone advise on the best way to 'charge' for this. I was originally wondering if a flat rental amount was the way to go but would prefer a profit share system.
The problem with this is it would seem after the cost of the product and a fee to her prescriber, the profit seems fairly small and taking 20% doesn't really seem that attractive.

Any advice welcome.

Any advice welcome.

I have a similar arrangement in my salon, and I charge my nurse a fixed % of her turnover, plus any advertising costs.

The % rate should be negotiated as there is no "going rate". We came to an agreement based on what I would expect the room to pay for the time she's treating clients.

I'm going to doing the same thing, my beauticians Mum has approached me, she's qualified and can do her own prescriptions she asked me what I wanted and as she's quite cheap she's going to stick that on top of her existing charges. I've asked for 20% so she will charge 20% extra in my salon and she won't lose out.

I'm going to doing the same thing, my beauticians Mum has approached me, she's qualified and can do her own prescriptions she asked me what I wanted and as she's quite cheap she's going to stick that on top of her existing charges. I've asked for 20% so she will charge 20% extra in my salon and she won't lose out.

That is very similar to our arrangement, but be careful not to be too low priced. if the price to low compared with the competition clients think there's something wrong with it.

Thanks for your responses.
So is the percentage you take before or after product fees?

Thanks for your responses.
So is the percentage you take before or after product fees?

It's best to keep it simple, i.e. based on the fee she changes the client.

Also it's important that you take copies of her qualifications and insurance.

Thanks. She's absolutely legit as I've seen her quals and work.

It seems unfair to charge her a percentage of the treatment cost taken if she has to pay her prescriber and product costs. I'll chat to her and thrash out numbers I guess.

Thanks again.

Thanks. She's absolutely legit as I've seen her quals and work.

It seems unfair to charge her a percentage of the treatment cost taken if she has to pay her prescriber and product costs. I'll chat to her and thrash out numbers I guess.

Thanks again.

The reason for taking copies of her docs is not just to show you she's legit. It's to protect you by demonstrating that you've done due diligence in checking that she's legit. If something goes wrong, it's your door they will be knocking on.

The nurse we use is a prescriber and that was one of the requirements when we sought to start offering the service.

I have copies of all of her certificates, not just seen them.

Latest posts

Back