INK LED lamp, is it good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnaEx

Reaction score
Hi everyone im thinking of getting a new led lamp. I went to the pb show in london and saw ink's led lamp and thought they looked the exact same as the gelish one but obviously not the same wave length or whatever its called lol and half the price.

Has anyone tried the ink one before? And does it cure gels good? Can it cure hard gels? Thanks!

Hi everyone im thinking of getting a new led lamp. I went to the pb show in london and saw ink's led lamp and thought they looked the exact same as the gelish one but obviously not the same wave length or whatever its called lol and half the price.

Has anyone tried the ink one before? And does it cure gels good? Can it cure hard gels? Thanks!
Have mine arriving tomorrow, can't wait. From what all the inkettes are saying its had brilliant reviews and the finishing results are lovely glossy nails. Yes it also cures hard gel x

The wavelength of the InK lamp was specially designed to activate the photo initiators in INK products. Using it for other products may not a give a proper cure.

Attitudes right and ink do state this also.

Have mine arriving tomorrow, can't wait. From what all the inkettes are saying its had brilliant reviews and the finishing results are lovely glossy nails. Yes it also cures hard gel x

How is the lamp going? Do you like it? x

How is the lamp going? Do you like it? x
Hiya, it's fantastic, I was using uv before so obviously the time difference is brilliant but the finished result just seems much shinier too X

Hi, can I ask what gel polish you use with this lamp? I have just been looking at the INK lamp and undecided.

I have the ink lamp and I love it, I have also dropped if many times on my hard wood floor and it has held up really well x

I have the ink lamp and I love it, I have also dropped if many times on my hard wood floor and it has held up really well x
Thank you, what brand of polish do you use with it? x

As posts earlier on the thread state if you're using the INK lamp then you need to use the INK polish with it. It won't be guaranteed to give a full cure on anything else.

From what I can gather ,the ink lamp has a higher Watts then the Gelish lamp , and a few other systems ,, I am guessing the it will " over cure rather then 'under cure " but I believe but over curing your product you r more likely to form a allergy, I am not expert at lamps ... but this is what I have read ...as others have already mentioned, to get correct cure for your product you need to use the same lamp x
I could be talking out my .....this has been known before

From what I can gather ,the ink lamp has a higher Watts then the Gelish lamp , and a few other systems ,, I am guessing the it will " over cure rather then 'under cure " but I believe but over curing your product you r more likely to form a allergy, I am not expert at lamps ... but this is what I have read ...as others have already mentioned, to get correct cure for your product you need to use the same lamp x
I could be talking out my .....this has been known before
The wattage refers to the energy used by the lamp and is irrelevant to the UV output which is what we are concerned with.

The wattage refers to the energy used by the lamp and is irrelevant to the UV output which is what we are concerned with.
I did say I could be talking out my .... and I clearly am ... I will keep STUM in future ....on matters thyat I'm not entirely sure of xxxx
Buttt I didn't have correct lamp for my system myself ( because I was just practice again ) after 15 years and now proper lamp for my system of choice means proper cure

Last edited:
INK, I only use entire systems on my clients but when I was doing colour pops I couldn't be bothered to swap lamps and tried the Lecente later it under it and it must of cured differently in some way because the chrome was really cloudy compared to usual x

Latest posts

Back