INK London gel polish problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirsty Morrice 1

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone has any information on what I may be doing wrong? Iv been a shellac girl for many a year but I fancy bringing in another gel polish, I bought a couple of ink London gel polishes (colour range is much better than shellac I feel) but I don’t feel it lasts as long as shellac, anyone the same or is anyone having better or the same wear time as shellac?

What base coat do you use? I use the flubber base and find it lasts really well. Easily 3+ weeks. I find I.N.K way better than CND shellac.

Maybe try applying the base coat a little thicker?

What base coat do you use? I use the flubber base and find it lasts really well. Easily 3+ weeks. I find I.N.K way better than CND shellac.

Maybe try applying the base coat a little thicker?

Hey yeah I ordered the flubber and the normal base coat, god what am I doing wrong?? Lol! Can I ask what steps you take when applying?

I do really thorough cuticle work. And I lightly buff the nail even though there is no need. Then I cleanse with the green liquid, and dehydrate well with the clear one. Then apply base coat. 2 colour coats. And rock or top flubber.
Are you using their cleansing/dehydrator products and their lamp?

CND use a different wavelength than most other brands so if your using the CND lamp then that may be your issue?

I've been using INK for 2 years now and I have never had any problems with it not lasting. I'd definitely recommend using either Clear Flubber or Cover Flubber as your base. (Clear for normal wear and Cover for more of an overlay. I think it's stronger).

It is really important to use INK's lamp though, as Dolly Dimple says.

Are you also giving the bottles a good stir and a shake before using?

This is what I do:-

Sanitise

Very thorough Dry cuticle work and then shape the nails.

Remove shine from nail plate (not etching).

Use INK's Dehydrator thoroughly over each nail and around free edge.

Apply Flubber (1 coat for basic gel polish, extra for overlays). Cap free edge.

Apply ILac, cap free edge. (Usually 2 coats but some may need 3 - usually pastel shades)

I usually just apply Rock Top next, but some people apply a coat of Clear Flubber, then Rock Top. I haven't needed to do this and obviously it takes longer and uses more product, but useful for those more heavy handed clients!

Prime bond before cover flubber as well will make the nail basically impossible to lift as well

Hope that helps

I do really thorough cuticle work. And I lightly buff the nail even though there is no need. Then I cleanse with the green liquid, and dehydrate well with the clear one. Then apply base coat. 2 colour coats. And rock or top flubber.
Are you using their cleansing/dehydrator products and their lamp?
I've been using INK for 2 years now and I have never had any problems with it not lasting. I'd definitely recommend using either Clear Flubber or Cover Flubber as your base. (Clear for normal wear and Cover for more of an overlay. I think it's stronger).

It is really important to use INK's lamp though, as Dolly Dimple says.

Are you also giving the bottles a good stir and a shake before using?

This is what I do:-

Sanitise

Very thorough Dry cuticle work and then shape the nails.

Remove shine from nail plate (not etching).

Use INK's Dehydrator thoroughly over each nail and around free edge.

Apply Flubber (1 coat for basic gel polish, extra for overlays). Cap free edge.

Apply ILac, cap free edge. (Usually 2 coats but some may need 3 - usually pastel shades)

I usually just apply Rock Top next, but some people apply a coat of Clear Flubber, then Rock Top. I haven't needed to do this and obviously it takes longer and uses more product, but useful for those more heavy handed clients!

Yip pretty much the same steps as yourself although I amstl using my cnd lamp, what are the recommended cure times? Xxx

That is your problem. The cnd lamp uses a different wavelength so will not fully cure ink products. You need to use the correct lamp as you are likely undercuring which will lead to lifting problems and can also lead to allergies.

Ink london have just brought out a new lamp will is very reasonably priced

Ahhh I see! I’ll get one of them ordered, thanks so much for your help x

Hi, what's the difference between the cover flubber & fluid flubber? Thanks

Cover flubber is pink. Flubber is clear.

Top flubber is a clear top coat

Cover Flubber is also a bit stronger than Clear Flubber.

Latest posts

Back