Ink London ilac users

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty bits

Reaction score
Hi so my trial kit has arrived today and I'm confused. I looked on YouTube as they have a page and after base coat they wipe to remove the sticky layer but say you don't always need to? Also I can't find any mention of the bonder coat, on the website it says apply after prep but no mention of it in any of their toutorials. Soo what's your routine for ilac please. I'm hoping to get on the fb group soon. Have a client coming tonight and I know she will want one of my new colours. Thanks x

Following as I got my first ilac delivery today and have yet to use it but would like to know too, I assume it still has a inhibition layer as it has a wipe for removing it? X

Can I be nosey and ask what colours you chose x

I'll be interested as well as I'm about to order my kit soon as well! :)

I prep, base coat, colour and double top coat and cleanse sticky layer. I use prime bond on myself as I have trouble keeping gel on.

I prep, base coat, colour and double top coat and cleanse sticky layer. I use prime bond on myself as I have trouble keeping gel on.

Why two layers of top coat?

It's been recommended on the ink page, and I find it helps it last longer.

Oh right, fair enough, thanks for the tips!

Thank you so much how do I get on the fb group? X

I received a mini kit a few weeks ago and this week got my bigger kit.
Loving it. I've not cleansed after base coat or double top coated. I've used my normal application method and it's been lasting great on my ladies.

If you're having problems with shrinkage, you can lightly cleanse the base coat - think of it a bit like dry brushing for some brands, you don't have to but it can be helpful for some. The colour coats do go on lovely over a cleansed base! I always forget to wipe the base anyway though! So either way, it's up to you if you want to do it, just make sure coats are really thin. I don't use bonder atm, it's an optional step for lift prone clients and people who really struggle to get good wear out of gel. The air dry bonder is what they recommend for iLac, but they have a new one due out v soon called 007, which I'm sure will be fab! Im waiting for this to come out, but haven't yet really needed it. I'm never a fan of bonder as it can make removal tricky, usually with thorough prep it isn't necessary for the majority of clients. Some people double rock (topcoat), again it's down to preference, it will help with clients who are hard on their nails. I almost always double rock because I usually do glitter or stamping. I have done a single coat though with no issues. It's very important to use their prep product, it is acetone based as opposed to alcohol so it makes a difference. Also, stir and shake your colours really well and that will make a big difference in application, pigmentation, shrinkage, etc. Xx

Latest posts

Back