INOA causing hair breakage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not so far I'm afraid :-(

I have just started using inoa in my salon and had a great coverage with grey and the condition was super.. I've since read a few posts and now feel worried that I have made the wrong decision.. I don't want my clients hair to break.. Are people still not happy with the colours after the re launch ??

We have been using inoa in our salon for a couple of months now, with mixed results. Had some training where we were told that If a client has Moroccan oil on their hair it can cause a barrier and prevent the inoa from taking properly, make sure you use the proper inoa tint brush and to make sure that the tint brush and clients hair are bone dry, as oil and water don't mix. The inoa ultra blond range has been recalled due to it causing breakage.

I think I am not going to use it any more .. I can't take those kind if risks.. May even switch to another brand altogether ..

Dear all,

I decided to write here since I really don't know where to find any help with my hair.
I'm using Innoa since it came to Croatia. I was always going on blond and was so happy when they got in my salon the Innoa ultra blond.

They dyed my hair only 2 times with Innoa ultra blond in June and July in 2013. I wasn't very satisfied so we switched to Innoa.

I always had beautiful hair and was very happy with it. I used always professional products such as L'oreal professional and now for years Kerastase.

My problems started afer the dying with Innoa ultra blond. Today my hair is a mess. I had to short it, it's dry and terrible even after I dry it with all the profi dryers, tratments etc.

Today I went again to my hairdresser for coloring and had to cut off again a lot of my hair. She told me finally why my hair is so terrible for months - Innoa ultra blond was recalled because it caused massive hair breakage to a lady in Croatia (she told me only about this case) - that lady had long hair and on her 3rd coloring with that hair color hair started to break...they shortened her hair to 2 cm....

My hair in some places is also broken to few cm's....it looks terrible. I really don't know what to do since I never had this problem and my hair is a part of me....I can't shorten it to few cm's since I'really tall and not so skinny 30 yrs old woman.

I can post my photos before and after so that you can see what I'm writing about but it won't give me back my hair....I'm not a hairdresser but I'm in love with my hair and this just ruined me and my self confidence.

If you know what to do now and how to help me and my hair, please let me know. Also, let know others what is really the cause of recalling that color.

Bye, Ivana

This product has been recalled in the uk due to health and safety fears. The salon should not still be using it.
Not sure why the unedited version of this still shows...
Contact loreal x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

This product has been recalled in the uk due to health and safety fears. The salon should not still be using it.

You need to tell the stylist that you want her to contact loreal in order to instigate a claim on their insurance.

Latest posts

Back