Insurance and patch testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau-ty

Reaction score
Oh no not again but its been a year since we got rattled with this one and ive just gone through the 12 pages of 'where do we stand on patch testing'. I've just renewed my insurance with Babtac, they seem to have worded their guidelines differently(I haven't queried yet) and also my brand have altered the packaging.
Has anyone managed to find a brand that doesn't stipulate testing every time or insurance that says any other than to follow specific instructions which are never clear anyway??
Just curious what you all do now test every time or have you taken it off your menu?

Oh no not again but its been a year since we got rattled with this one and ive just gone through the 12 pages of 'where do we stand on patch testing'. I've just renewed my insurance with Babtac, they seem to have worded their guidelines differently(I haven't queried yet) and also my brand have altered the packaging.
Has anyone managed to find a brand that doesn't stipulate testing every time or insurance that says any other than to follow specific instructions which are never clear anyway??
Just curious what you all do now test every time or have you taken it off your menu?

Which treatment(s) are you referring to?

Sorry didn't realise i'd not actually put it - lash/brow tinting x

Sorry I can't help as don't do lash or brows. I doubt you will find a brand that doesn't recommend patch testing or an insurer who covers outside of the manufacturers guidelines.

U don't need 2 actually do the patch test .doing the actual treatment is classed as a patch test as the tint is touchin the client so just make sure u record every time this is what I was told hope this helps :)

Believe it or not, I've just changed my insurance to Zurich and they have a No patch test cover! This means that you don't have to do the patchy test and they cover you in that even of a reaction.
This is not the reason I've chosen them, when I received the paperwork I saw it. It's wrong, I think, because we need if patch test. You can leave a person blind or disable, you can't just say My insurance covers me. But I guess it's handy if it does happen as some insurances stipulate you patch test every time. This is crazy as I wouldn't want to come in 48hrs beforehand EVERY TIME.
July x

I definately patch test every new client or if they havent had recently, different meds etc but I was asking if u test before every treatment and does any of your brands NOT stipulate this. I find the brands are covering themselves and insurance covering theirselves but I feel we are left uncertain. Im going to clarify Monday but just wondering if any of you have found a way round it x
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back