Insurance enquiry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy_wax

Reaction score
I have phoned one of the insurance company's today(that some of you geeks recommend) for a quote for Waxing only insurance.
I was advised by the young lady that answered the phone to go online and register that way, as I would incur a £20 admin fee:eek:.
I did state that this was only a enquiry & I did mention that I'm booked on a course.
By all accounts they dont actually ask for a certificate number to prove that a course has been attended the only time they ask for the certificate number is if a claim is made against you:confused:

No I cant see why they would need your certificates unless you made a claim...unless Im missing something?!

It is your responsibility to ensure that you are up to date with appropriate training. At the end of the day there are therapists out there without insurance (makes my blood boil!). But if someone made a case against them and they didnt have insurance (just like yours would be invalid without a valid certificate for the treatment) then you would be personally liable for the costs of the case.

I know that BABTAC require certificates but I can see the others point though. If someone lied and said that they were qualified when they weren't, they wouldn't get paid out.

Latest posts

Back