Insurance for beauty room


Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apr 22, 2015
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I'm hoping someone can help me, I'm taking on a beauty room soon (which I have never done before) insurance is confusing the hell out of me, I don't know what to do! I rang fht and they will only cover me for public liability and explained that I would be covered for treatments problems, but if someone falls over in my room I wouldn't be covered! Salon gold offer a salon package which covers you for everything but it's £270 instead of £48 what is best I really don't know
Have you also tried The Guild, ABT, and I'm sure there's others too who I can't think of off the top of my head.
Public, professional and indemnity insurance is what you need to cover every possible situation. If you have a lot of expensive equipment it's worth having an extra policy for equipment damage or theft too. The price differences are due to the amount and type of cover you'll get. The higher amount sounds about right if it's for all four types mentioned above. Maybe ring back Salon Gold and ask them to go through it with you, then you'll know for sure?
Hi Claire,

Some Insurers can cover you under the individual policies if you are renting a room or space in a salon which you do not own and the salon owner covers the public liability for the common ways. It's best to ring around.

Kind regards,

The Professional Beauty Direct Team
Try Balens they are helpful, don't forget cover for business interruption too and legal/accountancy costs.
BABTAC do insurance and are very good. Another one that is a lot cheaper (but not as good) is Holistic Insurance. Is the room you're renting within another business? If so, you should be covered under their public liability insurance and will only need your professional indemnity insurance and stock/contents covered.

Latest posts